Hey Ed, did you say that 16 started?

vivid

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
took Delivery of the 16TL 1960 something.

Haven't even looked at the numbers under the bonnet yet.

Hired a dual axil car trailor (heavy sucker) and hooked it up to the fuego.

Seemed to be oookay, balanced the load evenly, and although heavy at high revs it didn't seem much a problem.

Drove the fuego with the 16 on the back from Clayton to Watsonia, relatively trouble free.

*note to self: trailer bigger than driveway
... so I rolled it off on the nature strip.

managed to move her 20cm on the wet grass, and there she stays.

the clutch on the fuego was pretty hot, so let her rest for a while and the return trip was no problem.

Hey ED! did you say the 16 started??
I might just be lazy and throw a battery in it and drive it up the driveway if it starts.

Hi Vivid,

If it's the white car from Centre Rd wreckers then yes, it ran like a dream. Just make sure it has engine / gearbox oil as I don't know if they drain it at that joint before the cars go in the yard.

I started two in my backyard yesterday that hadn't run for months and they both fired up with some liberal pedal pumping!

Ed.

Thats the one alright. :D

I would almost be tempted to restore her, but the underdamage is too much. Lots of good condition parts on it by the looks tho.

I'm amazed you towed what you did with a bloody Fuego! Ouch! Last time I towed a 16 it was on a tandem behind my mate's Calais and that was struggling.....poor little Fuego

if you think it was struggling when I hooked up the empty tandem trailer, why not throw a 16 on the back of it. wink

the fuego seems fine, she was happy to scoot me to and from work down the freeway monday, after the big ordeal.

Although the fuego pulled it, I think I'll pay a tow truck $80 next time, and let them deal with it.

The trailer was $54 from memory, for 24 hours.

There must be somewhere that hires lighter cut-down car trailors

IMO, Fuegos are actually excellent tow vehicles (GTX) The engine has good torque at low revs. I have towed sailplane trailers, an R17TS on a car trailer and a large (very unaerodynamic) box trailer without problems in all cases.