Help on suspension / general mods!!

DWolf21Uk

Fellow Frogger
Im new to this forum and am after any advice on what type of springs t lower me pug with. how low can i go etc etc. also been lookin at a pipercross induction kit. all ive done so far is add a mean ICE system and an ecotek valve.

any advice comments are welcome.

I am assuming you have a 306 from your avatar so I will talk about these mods.

I have Eibach springs on my S16 which has lowered the front by about 30mm. The rear was lowered by resetting the splines on the tortion bar. Although this is not a prefered method as it changes the rebound rates, it seems to work well and you dont need to fork out over $500 for a new tortion bar.

The handleing, although better as it has very limited body roll, it quite firm and not really suited to poor roads, yet is not bone shattering.

Now with shocks, after carefull consideration and talks with different people, I stuck with my OEM items when I replaced my front struts. These were very good items to begin with and cost significanlt less than Koni (can only get non-adjustable in Aust.) or Bilstien which are apparently very firm and not suited to road use.

If you do not have the S16 or GTI6 model then you may want to do some more research as the struts used in these models were different to the other models.

cheers. i had sorta decided on eibach springs but wasnt sure on max drop. i believe standard struts are fine as long as u dont lower 40mm or more. did u adjust the torsion bar yourself or get a garage t do it?

I actually didnt have any of the lowering done myself, I bought it like that, but I did have it all checked out for parts etc and got new struts fitted just recently.

Apparently you are able to reset the torsion bar yourself, but I dont know how its done. There was a thread in the <a href="http://www.peugeotsportclub.com/forums/forum.html" target="_blank">Peugeot Sport Club Forum</a> suspension section.

Also, there are many brits there that have lowered their car. So far I think I am the only person on this forum who has a lowered 306 while there are many on the Peugeot Sport Forum who have done it.

<small>[ 19 June 2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Phasis ]</small>

I still dont know what model 306 you have however.

For engine mods immys16 and I have looked into many mods for our S16's. From our research the best performance mod you can do is to get the head ported and bench flowed. I have heard of between 15-25% more power out of the XU10J4's through spending $1500 on porting. (a new gasket alone is around $300)

From there an exhaust tuned to the head and a programed chip to bring it all together would take the engine close to 200hp.

With the induction kit, I had a custom intake made up which sucks air from under the front skirt. It sounds better but whether it does anything for performance is a contentious debate which I won't bother fueling...same goes for basic exhaust mods.

Hey Phasis, I'm about to drop the MI16 about 30-40mm with a set of Eibach springs in combination with new shocks and 16" wheels. Have you noticed a lot of bump steer? Is that what you mean by "not really suited to poor roads"? The roads I like to drive on ie Mt Glorious and Springbrook are fairly crap. I don't want to end up with something that only handles on a billard table. Have you driven a standard 306? If so, what difference did you notice?