Hello from the Sunshine Coast

Peter

VIP Paid Subscriber
Tadpole
[FONT=&quot]Hello all, thanks for having me and nice to meet you. Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Peter and based on the Sunshine Coast. We've always had Peugeot's in the family going back to the early 70's when my father worked at a dealership in the Netherlands. The wife currently drives a grey MY18 3008 Allure (previously a gold 207 and a blue 4008). My own past 2 cars have been Opel (an Astra g sri-t and an Astra J sports) but since selling the Astra j 2 weeks ago, I thought it was fitting to stay within the current PSA family so I have purchased a used MY18 308 gti 270 in pearl white which is currently on transport from Victoria to the Sunshine Coast. Hope she arrives soon 😊

I'm also a member, moderator and administrator at various other car forums so understand and appreciate them for what they are and what a friendly bunch of like minded people can do for each other. Hoping to meet some other Aussiefrogs forum members one day.
I might have actually met 1 or 2 members a few years ago when I stumbled upon a Citroen 2CV with a Dutch license plate at a petrol station in Noosa !!! I talked to one of the blokes (he was Dutch too, like me) and he said they were doing some kind of cruise. I believe the car had been left in the area but I have never seen it since. Maybe someone else has more info on that.

Hope to learn and assist other members in the future.
Cheers for now,
Peter[/FONT]

Welcome Peter,

There are a few of us Sunny Coasters on AF so also welcome to the coast.

Cullens in Nambour is our local Peugeot/Citroen dealer and there are a few scattered mechanics. But most are in Brisbane.

Hope to hear more of your adventures and maybe some Opel stories as well[emoji6]

Cheers
Dimi

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Last edited:
Welcome Peter,

There are a few of us Sunny Coasters on AF so also welcome to the coast.

Well thank you for the warm welcome Dimi.
Yes, all previous cars were bought in Nambour but since the wifes 4008 got damaged due to an accident over Christmas and my mums 4008 looked like a golfball after the hail storm a few months back, I bought 2 second hand very low k's 3008's off the local car guys and we're extremely happy with them. My mother being elderly didn't want to, and can't, drive to Nambour anymore so opted for a local purchase this time around. The mechanics in Noosa told me they are able to service our 3 Peugeot's with genuine parts so am not worried too much. I did see some posts about mechanics in Brisbane and will certainly follow up in that if and when needed.

As for the Opel's I mostly have positive stories to share about them so anything you'd like to know, just ask :)

Cheers,
Peter

She has arrived [emoji4]
294bd131d80edd3286160fe77734a930.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk