heater blower fan problem 2005 407

gabrielle

Tadpole
Hi All,
I have a 2005 model 407 2.2 Ltr, 4 cylinder petrol/ 6 speed manual gearbox which has done 227500Ks.
I had some issues a few weeks ago after turning the air-con back on after a short stop. Everything looked like it was working but no air was being pumped out of the vents.
My Peugeot mechanic got it working again by cleaning the connectors (his words) and it worked fine for the next 5 car trips until one day after restarting my car to continue driving the same problem reoccurred.

Ive made an appointment to consult an auto electrician/aircon mechanic but
Ive heard of stories where mechanics dismantle dashboards to find problems with the air-con blower fan..

So I thought if I could tell the person (whom may have never worked on a Peugeot before) where to access fan and its associated bits to diagnose the problem would save a lot of time and expense.

Can someone please explain the steps to access the heater fan motor and its associated bits including the air flow dial which is how the air-con in my car is turned on and off.

Also I have priced second hand and new blower fans.
How does one know that a second hand fan is in good working order because Ive read that worn bushes on the fan motor can cause issues with the Blower Fans resister causing the fan to stop working again.
Thank you for your help
From Gabrielle

Gabrielle, i'd go to any good auto electrician. No use replacing parts without diagnosing the fault first. Fuse(s) checked? It should not take long to do a voltage drop test on the +side and on the - side. This would show where to look next should the voltage drop test check out - i.e. normal voltage drop.

Not wanting to sound rude, but have you fed your enquiry into Google? say "Peugeot 407 heater problems". There is a similar problem to yours with a broken plastic "flap" in the heater box. Hope this is not your problem, however you may find some related answers that help. :)

Thank you BIGRR for your suggestion. Yeah I did google my problem and did find some info about Blower fans but didnt help with my problem. However, Yesterday I took my car to an Auto electrician and he got the fan working again. He replaced a blown fuse and a broken fuse holder. It cost $101 including $90 labour. Im happy.
I hope this info helps others with the same problem Regards from Gasbrielle