Headlining 2005 C5 Hatchback

Monamee

Tadpole
Have partial headlining sagging. Thinking to attempt a re-glue in situ although there is advice that this won't work and you have to completely remove the headliner and redo. Has anyone does this? Does the C5 have a headlining board (shell) that the material adheres to? How difficult is it to remove?
All input appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi
The headlining board comes out in one piece. If I remember correctly remove sun visors and clips, the centre roof curtesy lights housing cover, all 4 door aperture weather seal strips, A, B and C pillar covers, sun roof weather seal if present. Its quite easy not a lot tools required and very little swearing needed.
Cheers

Easy to do a headlining removal and install. Torx screws for the survivors and grab handles. We did 2 x C5s and had the A pillars done with same fabric to match.
$200 to recover each.

If this is a C5 S1 test the antenna and rear screen washer for any leaks while the headlining is removed otherwise your new headlining may looked stained after the 1st rainfall 😥

Easy to do a headlining removal and install. Torx screws for the survivors and grab handles. We did 2 x C5s and had the A pillars done with same fabric to match.
$200 to recover each.

If this is a C5 S1 test the antenna and rear screen washer for any leaks while the headlining is removed otherwise your new headlining may looked stained after the 1st rainfall 😥
Thanks for the information. This will be my fallback I am going to try a technique of spraying 3M glue into droop area using a hypodermic needle. If it fails good to know plan B is doable. Regards