Headlight dipping

If you have a problem posting pdfs because of file size, they can usually be compressed. I use ps2pdf which comes with and uses open-source Ghostscript, but other applications can do it, including Acrobat.

G'day Paul,

whilst you are whiling away your time enjoying those Fuego electrics, you might like to have a look at this old post....

cheers,
Bob

Paul,
I think you have a similar problem to what I used to have on Mk1 R5s in ZA. The change over switch in the lever brakes. I used to glue a small detent micro switch in place and then then run the lights through a "flip-flop" relay mounted on the fire wall. I used to take good switches from scrap cars, but eventually ran out of scrap cars. It was a design fault at the time.

Ray

I imagine that there would be Fuego-owning members of the Renault Owners Club of North America (find their webpage/Facebook page and join). They'd have cars with your exact specification and some might even have little stashes of spare parts and/or spare cars.

Just a thought if you get stuck and can't find a new switch if that's what you need.

Hardly any cars still surviving in the USA. A smattering of R17s, R12s and Alliance, which was a car built as a joint venture between Renault and AMC who imported Renaults and manufactured cars like the Rambler and Javelin. The previous owner of my Fuego passed away last Sunday and had owned the car from new. Mine is possibly one of no more than 5, if that, left here and in Canada.
If WD40 doesn’t work I’ll go down the microswitch and flip flop relay route.
More pressing at the moment is to sort out the issue of the car not idling. This came in from left field last week. One day running beautifully, the next stalling.
Cheers from me to all of you who are assisting me.

I belong to the Renault owners Club of North America but nobody is able to assist. A couple of members are looking for parts to rebuild R12s, one is struggling to get his wheels balanced on a Caravelle and another having problems with the auto roof on his R17. Nobody seems to own or have any info on a 2.2L Fuego.

Paul,
I think you have a similar problem to what I used to have on Mk1 R5s in ZA. The change over switch in the lever brakes. I used to glue a small detent micro switch in place and then then run the lights through a "flip-flop" relay mounted on the fire wall. I used to take good switches from scrap cars, but eventually ran out of scrap cars. It was a design fault at the time.

Ray
Ray,

I used to own Renault cars in Zambia when I lived there. A brand new R8, a great car that I used to thrash around including trips down to Joburg. For a car with a 956cc motor, it was a great performer. I could drive it on Rhodesian strip roads with no fuss unlike VW beetles that could easily be rolled. Then I got an R8 Gordini that was great but impossible to keep in tune for any time. Also messed around with a Fregate. When I moved to Australia I had a great R16TS, R25, R10, Fuego. Bought them all dirt cheap but they were all great cars.
Nice to hear from you, Cheers. Paul