GTi6 Manifold on an XSi

xsited

Fellow Frogger
Hi All,

Just read some posts on <a href="http://www.306gti6.com" target="_blank">www.306gti6.com</a> regarding replacing the XSi manifold with the GTi6 one to milk out a respectable amount of extra kW.

Has anyone done or thought about doing this? Would it require any other major changes to the engine setup?

Cheers

XSited
1997 N5 306 XSi - Blaze.

many have done this in the UK and a few have thought about it here, I know someone on trhis board fitting one to a different motor... wink

I would imagine the problem would be that these are hard tom come by. No man in his right mind would replace one for anything else, and very few would be written off.

I think east_bay_punk did this...??

<small>[ 31 July 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Pugsly ]</small>

Im doing this but on my S16, which has a Mi-16 motor.
The lads at North Shore Rally Sport have done this to a 2ltr XSi and theysaid the gains are noticable, but relatively mild. It needs to be matched with a pod/iarbox intake and a decent tune up. If affordable a pigiback computer like Unichip or Chiptourque will yield best results.
When im done i will post before and after results.
cheers chris

i havent done this, but the mind ponders approve
if you are thinking of this there was a post on the GTi forums that said that to remover the exhaust manifold you have to basicaly take the engine out, i havent really had a look in there.
Maniflow make new manifolds for the GTi6, not sure bout the XSi(would it fit???).
a bloke in the uk changed over to this manifold and decat, gain 17bhp and 5ft at the top end of the rev range.
if you get a new manifold then get it heat wrapped at the same time.

It will fit the XSi and have been told by those that have done it that it's a huge job just for a manifold.

Yeah, I expect the exhaust manifold would be a big job considering where it is in the 306.

I was refering to the intake manifold though. Sitting right there in front of you, it must be an easier job? But would you need the GTi throttle assembly as well? what about changes to the heads? I guess if it was getting this complicated you might as well do a whole engine transplant...nothing is ever easy... frown

have you ever climbed under a GTi-6 to look at the manifold ???
it is a big job
very little room and very awkward to get hands in there to do anything
never pulled mine off but i have looked right up in there and tried getting my hands in there and i can tell you that it would not be an easy job and it would take a few hours just to change a manifold

As far as i know the intake Manifold would fit, but needs to be complete, with Throtle position sensor, throtle and labor. It would be cheaper ot have a custom alloy/aluminium unit made up. Lots of intercooler/jap work shops cater for this now.
i, would honestly invest the money on the best brake/tyre/suspention combo you can afford. Nothing does more for the look of a 306 than very neat wheels and a little closer to terra-firma.
chris

Absolutely agree: wheels, brakes, suspension in that order are top priorities at the moment. Just thinking a little further down the track.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

PULS8R:
MMmmm, XSi with TBs :D
Dont tempt me!
PULS8R, you coming to the teamazm cruise this sunday?

<small>[ 07 August 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Andreas ]</small>