GTi 180 Wheel Balance in Sydney

John Wiltshire

Fellow Frogger
Greetings Froggers!

Reviving an old subject here, but all of the previous threads are pretty old.

Can anybody recommend a tyre shop in Sydney that can do a wheel balance on a GTi180 - the wheels don't have a centre hole so it will need a machine with the stud adaptor or an on-car balance.

I've just had new tyres fitted, and if only the bloody shop had told me first that they couldn't balance them properly...

I'm in the inner west, work is at North Ryde but happy to go pretty well anywhere for somebody with the right gear that will do a good job.

Many thanks,
John W

No specific knowledge of sydney, but Bob Jane's down here generally have the adaptors.

My wheel balance was put on hold after being rear ended and a trip to the panel beater. Grrr...

After ringing several tyre shops and getting a respond like I was a looney, a friend put me on to City Discount Tyres at West Ryde. Yes, they have a machine and a lug adaptor! They asked me to book in rather than drop in as they had to set up the adaptor, and were upfront that the job would take 1-1.5 hours.

I was impressed by their tidy workshop and professional attitude. Took the car to the Southern Highlands last weekend... balanced bliss!

Greetings Froggers!

I've just had new tyres fitted, and if only the bloody shop had told me first that they couldn't balance them properly...

Many thanks,
John W

G'day,
sounds like my experience late on a Friday with the place that has a connection with bean stalks.

Yes, my issue was with the beanstalk shop. Particularly disappointing as the branch I went to had been recommended by some friends in the motor trade, they have done a couple of sets of tyres on my wife's 307 and up to then their work has always been fine.

Sent from my SM-T310 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Last edited:
Digging up my old thread here, I need two new tyres and the shop where I have previously had the balancing done no longer has a balancer with a lug adaptor. Bugger bugger bugger... any recommendations in Sydney would be appreciated. Thanks Froggers!

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs