GSAmiService NO Service!

forumnoreason

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I recently ordered some parts from Jean Pierre Laurens of GSAmiService in France. The order came to €183 including postage. A few emails back and forth established all the details and the payment request was processed through an international bank transfer from my bank account. When the money was received a demand was made for another €29 as Credit Lyonnais charged €17 to process the transfer and €12 got wiped on exchange rates. I objected and wrote back for a refund from GSAmiservice, then considered the amount would dwindle further if the owner did bother to follow the instruction. I proposed he send parts to the value of what he had received in his account. Today the order arrived, I was disgusted by the fact that he charged me for a driveshaft hub nut that had been intentionally cut in half! I had ordered the WHOLE nut as I needed it. So he has basically ripped me off for a destroyed part. Unbelievable? Yes but true.This was done obviously to make up the balance of the amount received and just sheer spite!
I would recommend anyone considering purchasing parts from him to AVOID him completely.
I have been buying parts from Daniel Engelhardt at Französische Klassiker Onlineshop and will continue to as he provides good communication, friendly service, VAT removed and transparent billing. GSAmiserivce fails on all counts, in fact the worst service I have ever encountered online. In the past decade have bought many parts for thousands of dollars from De Franzose, Darren at Citroen Classics, Andre Pol at CitroenAndre, some guys in Italy and more and they have all been excellent and professional whilst GSAmiservice is utterly pathetic and makes a back yard operator sparkle by comparison. I will be sending him the link to this as I feel he needs some free advertising. I will also be sharing this ridiculous anecdote with Engelhardt so he can have a laugh at his former competition! Cul!

For a nut cut in half and charged (edit) €1.50 Jean Pierre will also be getting a run on French Car Forum in UK, people need to know what a Dilbert he is!

Attachments

• IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
I recently ordered some parts from Jean Pierre Laurens of GSAmiService in France. The order came to €183 including postage. A few emails back and forth established all the details and the payment request was processed through an international bank transfer from my bank account. When the money was received a demand was made for another €29 as Credit Lyonnais charged €17 to process the transfer and €12 got wiped on exchange rates. I objected and wrote back for a refund from GSAmiservice, then considered the amount would dwindle further if the owner did bother to follow the instruction. I proposed he send parts to the value of what he had received in his account. Today the order arrived, I was disgusted by the fact that he charged me for a driveshaft hub nut that had been intentionally cut in half! I had ordered the WHOLE nut as I needed it. So he has basically ripped me off for a destroyed part. Unbelievable? Yes but true.This was done obviously to make up the balance of the amount received and just sheer spite!
I would recommend anyone considering purchasing parts from him to AVOID him completely.
I have been buying parts from Daniel Engelhardt at Französische Klassiker Onlineshop and will continue to as he provides good communication, friendly service, VAT removed and transparent billing. GSAmiserivce fails on all counts, in fact the worst service I have ever encountered online. In the past decade have bought many parts for thousands of dollars from De Franzose, Darren at Citroen Classics, Andre Pol at CitroenAndre, some guys in Italy and more and they have all been excellent and professional whilst GSAmiservice is utterly pathetic and makes a back yard operator sparkle by comparison. I will be sending him the link to this as I feel he needs some free advertising. I will also be sharing this ridiculous anecdote with Engelhardt so he can have a laugh at his former competition! Cul!

For a nut cut in half and charged €4.50 Jean Pierre will also be getting a run on French Car Forum in UK, people need to know what a Dilbert he is!
Lots of stories now about this guy who clearly does not want a successful business

How not to be in business !! He would have to always ask himself the question... I wonder if I missed out on much business because of my actions.
Without doubt this is a business failing in customer service. In today's business opened up so much by online service you would think he had so much more to gain by "going that extra mile".

Forumnoreason, I take it you are not going back to him for your piston rings. Its a good thing you warned me before I placed my order when you first identified the problem with him, so I was able to avoid his poor behaviour. Much appreciated. Ian

customer service announcement Ian. Mind you he would probably be happy to trim the rings for you!