GS1220 cam belt tensioners

dalderton

Fellow Frogger
Would anyone have a belt tensioner that they could measure for me.I need inside diameter (without the adjuster part with the slot in it),outside diameter and overall width.
I am chasing up a lead concerning Fiat tensioners and have the dimensions of the commonly used Fiat ones but I dont want to pull mine off in case it does'nt work out.
If I cannot get the info I will pull them off anyway and post results.
Regards Dennis Alderton

dalderton said:
Would anyone have a belt tensioner that they could measure for me.I need inside diameter (without the adjuster part with the slot in it),outside diameter and overall width.
I am chasing up a lead concerning Fiat tensioners and have the dimensions of the commonly used Fiat ones but I dont want to pull mine off in case it does'nt work out.
If I cannot get the info I will pull them off anyway and post results.
Regards Dennis Alderton
Hi Dennis,
I ought to have a couple of old ones out in the shed that I can measure for you with a vernier if you like. I have a bit on this weekend due to a rush of interstate visitors, but I'll get back to you by Monday if that's OK? Would be interested to know the outcome of this myself, of course.
Cheers,

Brett
Thanks for that,there is no great hurry.I have the dimensions of the common Fiat tensioners without the bit in the middle and will compare when I get the GS info .
Thanks again Regards Dennis

Finale to the GS cam belt tensioner ---Fiat tensioner tale I am reliably informed that the GS tensioner SKF441451C----Citroen GXO-126201A are peculiar to Citroen according to the SKF blue book. This info was given to me by the the bloke that runs the "Fiat Factory" in Perth .
Regards to all Dennis Alderton

Abraxas said:
Hi !

That's not true, GS has the same tensioners as a few other european cars:
SKF number is VKM 12200.

http://www.nwideuk.com/bearings/automotive-tensioner.asp

But all those cars are probably not available in Australia or am I wrong ?

What I want to know is in that table, what on earth is a "Citroen Jumpy" 1600cc ???? :roflmao:

Interesting that it shows the same tensioner is also on the 2.5 litre diesel CX - I'm sure there must be some of those in Australia....

Regards,
Simon