UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6de.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 187
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6df.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6df.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 205
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6d8.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6d8.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 200
its so perfect now that you probably wont drive it much believe me I know:approve: it will become a show piece.......... anyways well done. hurry and start the next project

mate v interesting comment, you have also been there many times. i was discussing it with my younger brother that is doing the hard work. he has been very enthusiastic during C19 ISO.
i mentioned that 10 plus years has not taken away the desirability of this car. it was worth saving and he really is the one that put the effort into the details. i will use it though as i may not get the opportunity as i get older and rather than pass it on or sell i will use this car.

i have seen some remarkable restoration on this site and especially the metalwork transforming rust onto steel again. exceptional talents out there.

i believe that restoring something to its former glory is a rewarding pursuit. the other project will take some resources and still gathering parts etc.
thanks for comments.

Gs pallas

after the rear boot got the treatment of new carpet, there was also the need to have better lighting for this cavernous area. it was decided to re purpose a old spare rear number plate light that was modified and then an LED inserted and remounted in the same location. it looks part of the car as it is recognisable component.

we also had lengthy discussions as to how to install and integrate the sound system. the photos indicate a
favoured solution after various options, we believe that they fit in with a brushed aluminium circular embellisher.no holes had to be made into the door metal as these are very slender tweeters.

photos also show the refurbished rearview mirror.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f3.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 203
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6fa.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6fa.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 198
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f8.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f8.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 196
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f4.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f4.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 212
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6eb.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6eb.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 206
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f2.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6f2.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 214
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6e8.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6e8.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 198
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6e6.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6e6.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 206
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6e4.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f6e4.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 201
Gs pallas

rear sub and trailing arms and sub frame.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f701.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f701.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 197
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f700.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f700.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 201
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f702.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f702.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 209
speakers look excellent, as do the door cards, I don't think the GS had deadening in the bonnet originally, never seen a photo from then with it but maybe a Pallas spec? I was curious to know what carpet you used in the boot as I have to do mine and wondering what to use, marine carpet would do it I guess and I have an idea vinyl was used on Clubs on the floor section.
Those decals you were wondering about, if you look at the orange GS on carsales you will see the correct positioning for tyre specs in one of the photos, on drivers side a pillar.

speakers look excellent, as do the door cards, I don't think the GS had deadening in the bonnet originally, never seen a photo from then with it but maybe a Pallas spec? I was curious to know what carpet you used in the boot as I have to do mine and wondering what to use, marine carpet would do it I guess and I have an idea vinyl was used on Clubs on the floor section.
Those decals you were wondering about, if you look at the orange GS on carsales you will see the correct positioning for tyre specs in one of the photos, on drivers side a pillar.

Hi Forumnoreason
thanks for the decal info. we used a good pile carpet wasn't expensive and i wanted to treat it with better quality the pallas were a low grade grey carpet, the lining to the u/s of bonnet is personal as i don't think they has sound deadening. marine carpet would be tougher however this car may not have a rough life so hence the deep pile should be ok. if you send me a PM i can send you a sample cutting for reference. the upgraded LED boot light is also a lux.

For the boot floor I've gone with a closed cell foam with "chequer plate" pattern moulded in. Looks utilitarian any way. Was on special at Clark Rubber!

I found that the wiring and switch were already there for the boot light, but the boot light wasn't!. The switch is a "rolling ball in a tube" type, to use the technical term.

I found it wasn't making a good enough contact so I've paralleled up a couple of similar sealed switches designed as limit switches for "Raspberry Pi" projects.

For a lamp I've used a bar of LEDs purchased from a swapmeet.

At the end of the day, every car is different and that's what makes the hobby so much fun.

Cheers, Pottsy.

Thanks for offer, I'm leaning towards a chunk of Hardura for the boot mat now and marine carpet up the sides, the more I visit your thread the more I just sit back and think wow. It must be one of the best GS out there by a mile. A nice youtube video of it up and purring would be good to see?

Thanks for offer, I'm leaning towards a chunk of Hardura for the boot mat now and marine carpet up the sides, the more I visit your thread the more I just sit back and think wow. It must be one of the best GS out there by a mile. A nice youtube video of it up and purring would be good to see?

Hi Forumnoreason
thanks for the compliments. it is rewarding to be able to share passions, especially that i get a lot of help from my younger brothers. i do drive them to despair with attention to detail. if this thread serves as a means to document what is possible and keep a record. then time worth spent. i have also kept a detailed XL sheet and alway reluctant to update as it keeps tracking up. i am confronted by a cost that is escalating.i also an aware that NO way of ever recovering, BUT like many others here on this forum the pleasure it gives to see the end result is priceless. my POV only. please post some pictures of you car if the opportunity presents.
thanks again for the kind words. there is a lot of great restoration on this site especially metal work.

quick question with the boot lighting, I managed to have a look at mine today, there is the bulb holder ( bit cracked) and wiring in place but no cover. It is very small and no sign of screw holes to fit one so it must have clipped in, assuming there was a cover. Did you investigate what the original unit looked like as I have online and can't find anything that suggests what the possible cover looks like.

GiSelle had nothing there but some taped wiring. Can't help with what the proper one looks like, sorry.

Cheers, Pottsy.

Wagon has no lighting back there, and my youngest ever sedan was 15 years old, so I have only seen what’s left many years later in sedans, but none that I’ve seen have any sort of cover, just the holder clipping into a hole. I don’t think flashier trim for the Pallases went as far as any difference in boot lighting over what was in the Club.

Just checked the parts manual from 75 and it appears from diagram that the boot light verifies what you have witnessed Bruce, the clip in holder without a cover and a 5W bulb. Interesting they were so unfinished, curious made with exposed bulb. Lamoors solution is a winner as such!

Boot Light

OK Folks,

I just went down to the shed to check the most original GS Pallas and found what looks like an original complete boot light. I guess the advantage it has is that it doesn't protrude mush into the actual boot space so it doesn't stop you sliding in a box that is the full height of the boot space. I remember when I drove back from Perth to Brisbane in 1981 getting two tea chests, cutting the tops off down to the boot height and then filling them up with stuff and sliding them both in.

It is also very similar to the one I looked at yesterday in the CX Turbo boot but a bit more substantial.

Cheers, Ken

Attachments

• GS Boot Light.jpg
    GS Boot Light.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Gs pallas

work is being moved into the interior and the sound system. the pictures tell the story.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f71c.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f71c.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 221
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f726.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f726.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 208
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f722.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f722.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 200
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f723.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f723.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 197
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f721.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f721.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 193
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f72c.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f72c.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 197
GS PALLAS
my fascination started for the small GS when i was in college and lasted all these years. always wanted to restore another. if interested these are my previous before and after shots of cars that i enjoyed and sadly also sold. wish i know where they ended up ?.

the salmon with the GSA hubcaps belonged to my younger brother who started working for Jack Webb who contracted out to Citco >> in Catherine street GLEBE sydney. NSW. a blast from the long past.
deM8YpqpQBCwws+Fvn5FTQ_thumb_fb89.jpgLwXVqKcjSzKR8PJkr07AGg_thumb_fb8b.jpgFwJyibyGR0mqzpYTSzTH%g_thumb_fb8a.jpgYraWFUUGT1yYvYdQ1iOg9w_thumb_fb8d.jpgj9f7XGtdTi2rpYOw+zg53w_thumb_fb8e.jpgVGbEsJCdTbuqjuv30eDS1w_thumb_fb8f.jpgX0%rAhd4TmSYjYx1z0ik8Q_thumb_fb90.jpg

Attachments

• zl5nDsmTSRyxB59f6o0yYg_thumb_fb8c.jpg
    zl5nDsmTSRyxB59f6o0yYg_thumb_fb8c.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 1yjrOykGTxGsSkhm3EW+Xg_thumb_fb91.jpg
    1yjrOykGTxGsSkhm3EW+Xg_thumb_fb91.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 173
GS APLLAS
nearing the completion of the restoration few minor issue to take care of being loaded up today to get blue slipped and for registration.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fba7.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fba7.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 231
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fba4.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fba4.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 203
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fba9.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fba9.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 209
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fbab.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_fbab.jpg