Grand display of French cars, Brisbane 2021?

Dano

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Sorry, if I have missed it earlier, but is it on again this year?

No you haven't missed it.

My uneducated guess is that it will be 11th July????, given the RACQ Motorfest appears to be scheduled in June.

RCCQ website has event information.

No you haven't missed it.

My uneducated guess is that it will be 11th July????, given the RACQ Motorfest appears to be scheduled in June.

RCCQ website has event information.
What a shame that this will coincide with AFCD in Sydney as the RCCA intend travelling down in convoy to attend.

Yes, as above the Grand Display of French cars is on again after missing last year with Covid.
The Grand Display of French Cars (GDoFC) will be on Sunday 4 July at Murarrie Recreation Reserve as per previous years. Timing will be the same as previous years, ie 8:30am to 3 pm. The RCCQ are the organising club this year.

There are some members that will be doing a touring drive to Sydney over a few days, and will attend the Sydney French Car Day on the 11th July.

Yes, as above the Grand Display of French cars is on again after missing last year with Covid.
The Grand Display of French Cars (GDoFC) will be on Sunday 4 July at Murarrie Recreation Reserve as per previous years. Timing will be the same as previous years, ie 8:30am to 3 pm. The RCCQ are the organising club this year.

There are some members that will be doing a touring drive to Sydney over a few days, and will attend the Sydney French Car Day on the 11th July.
I remember 2010 attending the Grand Display of French Cars and then doing the drive down to Sydney for the for the Sydney French Car Day.

I enjoyed both displays very much and also the drive down through the back roads of southern QLD & northern NSW

Just an addition to bump this back to the top.
Yes the display is on the 4th of July at the Murrarie Recreation Reserve as it has been for some years. There are always a few different cars you haven't seen turn up. The usual food and coffee vans will be there.

Just an addition to bump this back to the top.
Yes the display is on the 4th of July at the Murrarie Recreation Reserve as it has been for some years. There are always a few different cars you haven't seen turn up. The usual food and coffee vans will be there.
Alan is there parking for non frenchies? I’ll be up on the Gold Coast from Melbourne that week so would love to head up and see some QLD based cars. Won’t have a Renault with me though (unless someone needs a hand bringing along a second vehicle!).

Yes there is parking in the car park for non entrants

So who's driving down from Brisbane to the Sydney display? Any older cars doing the drive?

So who's driving down from Brisbane to the Sydney display? Any older cars doing the drive?
At the moment, Harry Verhoeven intends to drive his Caravelle and I intend to drive my Dauphine. There may be other 'oldies' that I'm not aware of.

Unfortunately, because of the Brisbane lock-down, other Covid restrictions and general concern about Covid 19, the decision was taken today to postpone the GDFC and all RCCQ 50TH Anniversary Celebration events.
A decision on a revised date/s will be advised when the decisions have been taken.

Bugger, although understandable.