Goodwood Revival 2021

This post deserved a like.

We need to make something similar here.

Which one of you is a Lord with a long driveway?

Bob's driveway is actually quite short, but it is a long way from anywhere.

Bob, name the party date and I will be there.

Roger

Prizes for best DS, best modified 2CV, oldest Citroën car parts..... fastest lap of my bush track circuit....
For those not interested in old cars, we might have a croquet tournament as well.

Ok, I'll advise the date for the 2nd annual event, as soon as the various governments allow everyone to attend.

That will be the "revival" !

Reactions: COL
I think I might mount a lightning trip to the Riverina on Wednesday to check that I can actually enter NSW and return to Victoria.

Roger

Prizes for best DS, best modified 2CV, oldest Citroën car parts..... fastest lap of my bush track circuit....
For those not interested in old cars, we might have a croquet tournament as well.
But i'd only need to bring any traction part and I'm going to win ......... If there is a prize for the dodgiest paint .... and least used 2cv ... I can get my hands on a car and be in the running. my mothers 2cv has probably only done 4000kms in the last 20years .... and would have "somehow" done 1/2 of them when it was "stored" at my place at various times :roflmao:

We are well on the way to a great annual event here everyone.

But i'd only need to bring any traction part and I'm going to win ......... If there is a prize for the dodgiest paint .... and least used 2cv ... I can get my hands on a car and be in the running. my mothers 2cv has probably only done 4000kms in the last 20years .... and would have "somehow" done 1/2 of them when it was "stored" at my place at various times :roflmao:
Hey Shane, a traction part is not going to do it.
I have a front axle from a 1921 B2.

Keepit Kool Kars ?
Or
Rushes Creek Revival ?

What time of year would suit best?
I'm thinking Summer is too hot,
Autumn is too close to Cit-in,
Winter is too cold.

OK spring it is ..... say September or October?
I think we need to avoid the October long weekend, 'cos there is always too much on then.

Format.....
A long weekend for those with flexible time .....
Accommodation is either camping in our paddock/bush, or for a bit more comfort there are cabins at Lake Keepit State Park (6km nearby).
All meals here (check out carrollgapfarmhouse.com)
Any unusual cars. Not just French, but please, no common modern stuff.
Microcars specially welcome.
Paddock motorkhana, local observation run. Optional gliding at Keepit, croquet on our proper croquet lawn.
Swap meet.
Kite flying and pony rides for the kids
Evening bonfires, lots of talking.

We are 48km west of Tamworth, 32km east of Gunnedah.

You might have thought I was joking, but I've discussed it with the boss and she's keen. We'll try to set a firm date soon, but we are just juggling a couple of weddings for that time next year.

Sounds like a beaut spot Bob! I've got some friends at Werris Creek, its really pretty up there. Think your September / October is a good round time.

When are all the usual state club meetings? I feel like Queensland frenchies have it ~September?