Good price for a new Clio Sport?

SPDRCR

Fellow Frogger
I heard they recently had a price rise and now they are $37,400 on road.

I managed to get one for $35,900 on road with metallic paint - is that a good price?

When I was looking at one down here a month or two ago, they were about $35,500 by the time they were on the road and I got the "price is going up $1000 next week" line......(which i just loved btw....great way to try and sell to me...NOT wink )

I also got the whole "we only want to sell 100 sports a year, so the price rise is partly to discourage sales"..... I don't know what the guy I was talking to was on, they were quite arrogant none the less.

The whole experience left me thinking the Clio Sport might make a better secondhand purchase in a couple of years :rolleyes:

Maybe the Citroen guys will be more eager to sell me a Xsara VTS...eheheh

Hey, anyone know what the deal is with 206GTI's?, the appear in magazines etc as $29,999 geared up to the hilt......go to any dealership and you can't get one for less than $32,000 and that's without onroad costs...

Anyway, whinge mode off:)

$35,900 onroad sounds reasonable

at $37,400 they look like less of a good buy then they once did......
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA SEEDS

Last edited:
Still listed as $33,990 on <a href="http://www.renault.com.au" target="_blank">www.renault.com.au</a>

I'd suggest you point the salesman at that price if they start telling you otherwise :D

Still cheaper and faster than a New Mini Cooper S...

$33,990 is before you pay on road costs like registration, dealer delivery and stamp duty.

by time you pay all that, it's $37,400 on road drive away.

Ah, it wasn't clear from the previous posts whether the 33,390 price came to 35K on road or 37K

Having never bought a new car in my life, I'm not really up to speed with current stamp duties and all that - and I guess they vary between states as well..

Still, it seems a reasonable price, I guess everything has to go up eventually!!!

when i went to buy one of the first sports clio they were so arrogant/never returned phone calls/ plus numerous other things, i then realized that it would be serviced my nissan mechanics..yikes!!
37500 is alot of $$ its not that far from 200sx/wrx territory. in my opinion it was good value at 34000 on road but now i am not too sure.
the 6 speed clio has just been announced and will be on sale in the uk early next year...i might wait to then me tinks.

We will not see the 6spd Clio till July next year.

it will also be about 80000 so i dont think it wil sell well.... dead

in regards to prices of cleo sports they are 36700 on road exactly 5500 more than my new 206gti which ipurchaced from city peugeot 17/4/02

132 kw 206gti !!! why the big deal...after all its only a lousy 8kw more than the present clio!
talking about the clio, has anybody seen the new 2003 clio? it looks like theyve set out to have the ugliest car on the road...and guess what...they have succeded!!