Good News Story from a Peugeot Owner - Adelaide:

iLaguna

Fellow Frogger
Ok, so I thought I'd just share with everyone a recent experience that we've had with our local Peugeot dealer/service centre, here in Adelaide.

First a little background …… In April 2014 we bought a new Peugeot 2008 Active. It's a November 2013 plated vehicle and we bought it through Australian Motors Peugeot, which back then was taking it's orders from Sime Darby. It came with a 3yr/100,000km warranty, 5 years capped price servicing and 5 years of roadside assist. The warranty period finished up in April 2017 and we still have one more capped price servicing to go.

Fast forward to October 2018, Peugeot has changed it's national distributer to Inchcape and it's one and only Adelaide dealer to Jarvis Peugeot (who also now has Jarvis Citroen), while our little 2008 has done 38,000km and all of a sudden, we noticed the top of the window frames and rubbers were splitting and breaking away from both the right and left rear passenger doors! See pictures provided. It honestly looks like the rear windows are trying to escape from the window frames!

We're not sure how this has happened, as we're only a 2 person family, we can literally count on two hands the amount of the times we've actually carried passengers in the rear since we've owned the car, I think we have only put the windows down in the back a dozen times (should've bought a C4 Cactus) the vehicle is always garaged - except when my partner is at work and then it's in the sun for the morning and in the shade of a building in the afternoon and we like to keep our cars neat and clean, so will probably wash our cars at least once every two weeks.

All I can put it down to, is that the rubbers and frames are faulty.

Anyhoo, once we saw this, we already knew the car was no longer under warranty and Peugeot had changed it's national distributer, so we knew we had no chance of this being fixed for nothing, right?

Well, we took the car into Jarvis Peugeot, the service advisor took a heap of pictures and told us they would need to lodge this with Peugeot in France, before they could give us an answer and a solution on what they'd be able to do. So a week and half went past when we received a call back from Jarvis Peugeot, telling us that Peugeot will be happy to pay for the parts, but we'd need to pay for the labor. We thought this was pretty good and better than what we had originally hoped for. But then we thought, lets just call Peugeot ourselves to see if this could be made better for us. We called the Peugeot assistance number and received an operator straight away, where we told them the history of the vehicle and what had happened. The operator was able to pull up the report that Jarvis Peugeot had lodged and had all the information in front of them. We told them that we shouldn't have to pay for anything and that this part is faulty and asked if they would cover the whole amount. The operator said she would look further into it and would call back in 2 hours with an answer for us. Within 40mins, the operator had called back and said not to worry about a thing, Peugeot is going to cover the cost of everything! All we needed to do was call Jarvis Peugeot back and speak with the service adviser that they had spoken to, they gave us his name and for us to book the vehicle in.

We called Jarvis Peugeot, spoke with the service adviser that had been contacted by Peugeot and booked the vehicle in to have the repairs done. Plus, on top of that, we also got a free loan car!! Cheering!! We honestly thought we'd be out of pocket of some amount, but to Peugeot's credit and maybe Inchcape too, they've come to the party and have paid for everything. The vehicle is booked in at the end of the month for the repairs.

Sorry it's long winded!

James

2013 Peugeot 2008 rear door window frame (5).jpg2013 Peugeot 2008 rear door window frame (4).jpg2013 Peugeot 2008 rear door window frame.jpg2013 Peugeot 2008 rear door window frame (2).jpg2013 Peugeot 2008 rear door window frame (3).jpg110.jpg

Well...considering that Peugeot has been much maligned in the past, I would consider
that to be a brilliant outcome and kudos to the new national importer Inchcape.
Frankly, I think a lot has changed from the rather lack lustre performance of the
previous organization.
Our own recent experience with our 15 year old 307 and the local dealer in Launceston
who did an exemplary job in getting our car back on the road.
It's good to hear a positive outcome for a change ;o))

wondering if this post could set a precedent - my rear windows are doing the same.
was the 2008 a mitsubishi co-production?

wondering if this post could set a precedent - my rear windows are doing the same.
was the 2008 a mitsubishi co-production?

No, the 2008 is all Peugeot, it's the wagon/crossover version of the 208 hatch. The Peugeot 4008 is the twin to the Mitsubishi ASX (and Citroen C4 Aircross). The Peugeot 4007 was the twin to the Mitsubishi Outlander.

Take it in to your local dealer or call Peugeot direct and see what happens?