Good Dampeners Shock Absorber contact (Melb) and supplier: Koni, Spax, Gaz etc:

putuguq

Fellow Frogger
Needed advice on some Spax and Koni shocks to fit in 67 round eye 10 and tried all the usual suspects to no avail then found Malcolm at SG Leslie and Sons near the old Renault Assembly site in West Heidelberg. If you want sound advice from a down to earth expert who can assess, repair and supply parts or whole units working out of his own old school factory then I would thoroughly recommend him.
19283D58-B674-45F3-A50F-4C37ADF0C22F.jpeg

Can support this comment

I used SG Leslie for strut rebuild on 404

Good advice, knew his old stuff well and was able to recognise need for and do some machining to make new NOS inserts fit my struts

Fair price, delivered on time and good to deal with

Andrew

Can SG Leslie rebuild an old set of Gas De Carbon shocks I have?
Can’t answer for them, but they do an impressive array of heavy stuff ( trains, trams etc ) and are well tooled up. They talk sense and give straight answers.

I would give them a ring - they are not the sort of folk who would say “no worries “ and then stuff it up. If they couldn’t do it my reading is that they would say straight up

Best Wishes

Andrew

Bill Leslie started it, then Stuart his son, Malcom would be Stuarts son? I remember a PCCV visit there in 1976, showed us some front shocks for Brock's L34, rock hard Monroes. Bill loved Peugeot shockers and their three way valving. I've got some Konis I would like to upgrade, may pay them a visit.

Just be aware, if you don't already know, that there are two different length front Shock Absorbers for the R8/10 range, depending upon the type of lower mounting bracked that has been fitted. PM me your email address if you want details. The ones available new seem to be the later type, a few mm shorter than the early ones. They are easy to buy new.