Getting bits from the UK

Izza

Fellow Frogger
I'm thinking about gettting some performance parts fro my 205 Gti from the uk (strut brace, suspension package, wheels etc). Anybody know who to deal with and who not too, it's a bit daunting getting stuff from the otherside of the world, the possiblities of getting ripped off make my mind boggle.
If anybody has had any dealings in the past any advice would be great
Cheers

I have heard that Ecosse-Peugeot are a good bunch to deal with, although I have never dealt with them myself, they have at the very least, returned e-mails to me answering a question or two, better than most others I have tried to get info from.

Try : http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk

Should have everything you need there.

Chipper

Join the Yahoo Peugeot L group and ask this question there, it's inhabited by Yanks and Canadians who have to do this all the time because there are no dealer networks.

And try not to get too upset about the number of five speed 505 gearboxes that are scrapped on that continent, okay?

peugeot-L-subscribe@egroups.com

Ask them to list you and then prepare yourself to delete more emails than you ever had in your life.. it all happens by emails.

Hi Izza,

I run a company thats imports 205 stuff from all over the world email me with what you want and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers Nick Watson

------------------
Pug Action - French Styling in Australia.
http://drive.to/pugaction

President of Peugeot GTi Autosport Club of Australia.
http://www.peugeot-gti.com

Ok Nick sounds good. I've emailed you at both the PugAction address and your email off this forum so any help would be cool

Cheers
Izza

I've had nothing but good experiences with Autofive in the UK. Peter always answers my email queries even if they are stupid questions. (there's no such thing as a stupid question??)

Anyway I've had lots of stuff sent out from service items to accessories with no troubles and no hassles with quality or customs yet.

ipb
biggrin.gif

Getting stuff from the UK might be alright, but who do you trust to freight it and who offers the best rates. It would be pretty expensive i imagine getting a few bits and pieces at a time. it would be a $200 at a time freight.???
any tips??

Getting small stuff from UK is economic if you use air parcel post, usually 7 days to NZ. Autofive and Eccosse Peugeot,Scotland are both very responsive.
I have even bought Mi16 alloys both new & second hand, at very good prices from a Pug parts dealer in Surrey near London(R.J. Grimes Coulsdon Ltd) email- r.j.grimes@btinternet.com
Cheers
Don :)

Demon Tweeks are fantastic. Big company and cheap and quick.
Advice to Izza, I have heard that the SPAX suspension stuff (which is pumped quite a lot in the UK)is crap. You wanna get Eibach and Koni.

Eibach and Koni are very good however by the time you freight them here [heavy] you might as well have bought them here. E.G. eibach springs in oz
are approx $320, in UK approx 60gbp [$162] plus postage [$100+] plus customs tax...you MAY save $30...is it worth it?? I dont think so!!
Its a different story of course for smaller/lighter items tho.

I have dealt with Autofive [Peter] for over 10 years and he is very reliable and trustful.

cheers jr

Warwick2:
Demon Tweeks are fantastic. Big company and cheap and quick.
thats good to hear. i have just placed an order fomr them on friday. They seemed very good, i have been dealing with Nick Warbrook in sales/export. who is very thorough, takes about 2 days for an email return though... very busy i believe.