General chit chat or Frogs in general?

davemcbean

Guru
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
It has occured to me that a new section for "General French Car Discussion" might eliminate some of the recent missunderstandings. The only problem I can see with that is it might not get enough posts in its own right to be worth having.

Any comments on this idea?

I have a feeling I know what Alan S is going to say on this, and he'll say it whatever, but that's OK.

Dave

I vote: Leave the forum as it is.

I understand Alans point, but on the other hand, none of us have to read stuff we don't want to. No one is forcing us.

So I'll ignore posts that I don't want to read (ie. Aussiefrogs sticker related posts) and have a giggle at the others (ie. Saab related posts)

That's my $0.02 worth anyway :)

For goodness sake Dave, give it a break will you?
I don't really give a toss - I've got a life to live.
I have spelt it out now on so many occasions, that I am quite happy the way things are, as most of the others are. The problem isn't the fact that other than French cars are discussed; it's the length of the threads and the way they have been dominating all & sundry as well as lack of information of any interest. I have also tried :rolleyes: to explain that I have to spend ages waiting for things to load up here due to the lack of modern communications facilities because I live in a regional area & I'm not alone on this. You seem to have got this preoccupation about what I am trying to say that keeps getting this interpretation regarding me never wanting to see or say anything about things other than French. Regardless of what I say, you'll come back to saying the same silly line - I give up!! :mad: As I told you when I wrote that long winded & detailed reply last night, I would not respond to it, so what do we get? This one!! Do you sit up all night just thinking about these things?
Mate do me and yourself a favour; go wash the car, mow the lawn, prune the roses; anything but for goodness sake put this to bed will you. It's getting as boring as the type of postings that started it all going in the first place.
:mad: eek! Give it a break before you drive yourself and everybody else insane and off this board.

Alan S

I also vote to leave things as they are.

People can choose to read, reply or ignore any message or any segment of this forum. Personally I thought Daniel just started to pop up topics to create a controversy corner as has happened rather than out of any genuine interest in researching for information.

Simon

I vote to leave things as they are also. If people arent interested in checking a topic out they can ignore it, like has been said earlier.

I for one am happy to leave the topics I dont consider interesting alone and I am not sure why long threads are such a problem.

I like the forum as is, and I have to say HUGE thank you GIBGIB for allowing us to post here.
:D :D

Aussiefrogs is a community of people who have an interest in French Cars, however we all have other things in life which may interest others. This is why we have a General Chit Chat forum here, to discuss anything in life.

Life would get pretty boring if all we did here was chat about Pugs Cits and Reno's.

Me out....

Saabs have such a similar design philosophy to french cars so it really shouldnt matter at all.

Anything motoring related is good for me.

I dont want to know what breakfast you like on rainy Tuesdays though.

<small>[ 14 June 2002, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: macquered ]</small>

I agree with the proposition that the Forum should remain as it is, but and it's a big but...there comes a point where a thread is clearly going absolutely nowhere but around in circles.

I guess that isn't a crime, but - and it's another really big but, there comes a time when the moderator ought to can discussion so the forum can move on.

Sometimes people just don't want to let go, for whatever reason and the circle continues. I'm sure that some people delight in behaving like pratts or pontiffs as the process grinds on, but not without sunbstantial cost to the cohesiveness of the group. This kind of thing doesn't add value to the Forum and in fact can detract from it.

It is essentially a constipated process.... eventually the brown stuff finds its way out, but it's painful and protracted.

For the health and wellbeing of the great lower bowel that is Aussiefrogs the SAAB thread needs to close.

That's not to say it should never have been posted in the first place..just that it needed to be put down quite a while ago.

Bogmaster wrote:
For the health and wellbeing of the great lower bowel that is Aussiefrogs the SAAB thread needs to close.
Thank goodness for humour wink :D wink thanks Bogsmaster. Chit Chat is alive and well. The SAAB thread stays, it must die a natural but wickedly painful death wink and it will. I think you will find that canning a topic only results in elements of it re-appearing in all it's ugly glory, my gut feeling (pardon the pun) when the SAAB post first appeared was spot on, but censorship is not what the board is about, it has to work it's way through the system, there are members who obviously enjoy this process baiting and stirring reactions from one another, for the life of me I don't know why. As moderator I will only step in if things become abusive and personal. So I'm off to have my laxitives for tonights session :D

Cheers
Chris

Alan S:
For goodness sake Dave, give it a break will you?
I don't really give a toss - I've got a life to live.
I have spelt it out now on so many occasions, that I am quite happy the way things are, as most of the others are. The problem isn't the fact that other than French cars are discussed; it's the length of the threads and the way they have been dominating all & sundry as well as lack of information of any interest. I have also tried :rolleyes: to explain that I have to spend ages waiting for things to load up here due to the lack of modern communications facilities because I live in a regional area & I'm not alone on this. You seem to have got this preoccupation about what I am trying to say that keeps getting this interpretation regarding me never wanting to see or say anything about things other than French. Regardless of what I say, you'll come back to saying the same silly line - I give up!! :mad: As I told you when I wrote that long winded & detailed reply last night, I would not respond to it, so what do we get? This one!! Do you sit up all night just thinking about these things?
Mate do me and yourself a favour; go wash the car, mow the lawn, prune the roses; anything but for goodness sake put this to bed will you. It's getting as boring as the type of postings that started it all going in the first place.
:mad: eek! Give it a break before you drive yourself and everybody else insane and off this board.

Alan S
This sounds so much like my own sentiments regarding this topic, that it's scary!

Alan,

Maybe we're both reading too much into what each other is thinking. Reading that last post of yours is like looking in a mirror for me. Maybe I need to post more of those smily face thingys. My efforts to calm things down have been a little counter productive, because your last post was not what I expected.

On the subject of what I've been thinking about at night and other times, here's the rundown for the last few days:

earlier this evening:
-reading MPU design textbook

this afternoon:
-trying to understand linear systems analysis

this morning:
-thining about how to build a light weight 2222cc 504 with quad throttle bodies, msd, and 40/70 cam.

last night in bed:
-thinking about how to build a light weight 2222cc 504 with quad throttle bodies, msd, and 40/70 cam.

last night before bed:
-discussing large mountain primate research with others and how to best conduct it

yesterday:
-drawing a circuit diagram for RAM and input ouput ports based on a memory map and trying to understand chip data sheets, interspersed with thinking about how to build a light weight 2222cc 504 with quad throttle bodies, msd, and 40/70 cam.

before then:
-a mixture of all the above, but mostly how to build a wild 504, although there was a bit of thinking about Star Wars episode 2,

Anyway, it's time for me to log off and watch that episode of Stargate that I taped last night while I was watching Catalyst.

Cheers Alan
(I give in reluctantly. You won't be hearing much more from me -it's not worth it. Please, please please try to sound friendlier, because your posts are creating a less than friendly impression).

Thought I'd degrease the Grease Monkey :D

Good to see things are starting to sort out. In the end this will have been a positive thing for aussiefrogs I'm thinking dance

Grease Monkey
AKA gibgib wink