Gawd, another R8 upgrade

Potential sale fell through.

Car is back up for sale. Pick up only. Where is, as is.

It doesn't want to leave you K.B.
It's not too late to buy the winning ticket and pay someone else to finish it 😉

Well, an update is due on this I suspect.
i “sold“ the car last October but it wasn’t until last Tuesday the new owner came and picked up tubs of parts and spares from the garage to start to take possession of it so I have held off announcing the sale. He’s coming back on Friday for the car and the rest of the parts, so it will be off to a new life in QLD temporarily before perhaps coming back to reside in NSW at a later stage.

Disappointed to not finish this restoration as it is the first I’ve failed to complete but I knew I didn’t have it in me to finish, this last couple of years and decided it was best I moved it on.

We have to sell them all eventually.

Well, an update is due on this I suspect.
i “sold“ the car last October but it wasn’t until last Tuesday the new owner came and picked up tubs of parts and spares from the garage to start to take possession of it so I have held off announcing the sale. He’s coming back on Friday for the car and the rest of the parts, so it will be off to a new life in QLD temporarily before perhaps coming back to reside in NSW at a later stage.

Disappointed to not finish this restoration as it is the first I’ve failed to complete but I knew I didn’t have it in me to finish, this last couple of years and decided it was best I moved it on.

We have to sell them all eventually.
So much better than a 'gunna' car situation! Good call.

I thought it is about time I put a few pics up of my latest project.
Don't expect it to move as fast, be as interesting or as informative as Brettr's posts.

I bought this R8 from Canberra about 5 yrs ago and it has been sitting in a friends shed until a month or so ago when I decided I'd drag it home and start work on it. The plan is to rebuild it into a replacement for the white R10 classic rally car/club car that appears as my avatar.

The red rocket as it is known is listed as being a '64 Major. The C pillars however place it as being more like 67, but as I am dismantling it I have formed the opinion it may have had a new roof welded on at some stage.

View attachment 62805View attachment 62806View attachment 62807View attachment 62808
👏 👏 satisfying rebuild

You best be proud of how much you did! It was clearly very good work in all that you achieved with that :)