Gaston - Citroen GS Pallas

Hi folks. Time to give you and update on Gaston. Today I did the last 200 km of the 1000 km run in before changing from Breaking in oil to the good stuff.
I had been restraining myself to a 5000 revs limit to now, but today I ignored that and had a good go. I'm pleased to say that with the new barrels and pistons nicely run in, Gaston has given up smoking , particularly not blowing smoke on start up, and with new seals all over the place, touch wood, I don't have any oil leaks at the moment either.
What a great feeling to cruise along the freeway at 100 to 120 with both front windows open and just a gentle breeze wafting through the car. And to chase and catch motorcycles through the twisty bits of the old Pacific Highway. Oh What A Feeling.
One of the little things that has been annoying me if is that Gaston had a "missing tooth" look because the the trim to the top chord of the grille has been missing. After a couple of goes, I have fashioned one up out of aluminium, and now that I know the process, I will find some .7 mm stainless steel and make the finished article. It's a very complicated shape to make, and the one in the picture is version 3. The difficulty was the sequence in which to form the shape without upsetting the first bits done.
And Pottsy, I've thrown a photo in just for you. The New South Wales club has a number of special tools which it makes available to members, and these were flooded in the recent Hawkesbury River flood. In cleaning out the gearbox overhaul toolbox, look what I found. Just a few days after you've made your own.
Cheers. Ian.
Hi Ian,

Exactly which grill bit are you missing? PM me - I probably have ;-)

Love the detailed write up - thanks for taking the effort!

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Ian
I’ve read all the posts, thanks for the inspiration and advice and catching up at Cowra
I’m so looking forward to to tidying up my girls loose ends and getting her on the road again, but following your lead I’ll have a closer look at her engine first
Rob