Fusibles

From the Haynes manual, i see that the Fuel pump fuse is behind the ashtray at the centre of the dashboard, but i have no idea where it is in the Series 1. The original manual say's it's fuse 6 in the box, but that is a "spare" according to the Haynes Manual, and it does nothing when you remove it.

Well, I could be wrong, Jason (I'm just going by Haynes myself) , but I still reckon its behind the ashtray in the series 1 as well as the series 2. Its item number 186 on the Haynes wiring diagram on page 267 - which looks like its well and truly inside the passenger cabin. For some reason they haven't referred to it in the index to the wiring diagrams.

See also page 236 of Haynes, which seems to be referring to all injected vehicles, not just the S2. On the series 2 at least the fuse carriers sometimes pop out backwards, behind the area that the ash tray mounts in (very annoying) , so if you can't see it, this could be the reason.

Then again, the diag on 267 is probably a LHD car, so maybe I could be wrong.

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 06 June 2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>

It's actually under the dash - there's that interior lighting rheostat thingy which pops open, and the fuse for the fuel pump is amoungst the ball of wires behind it.

there - when I'm not raving about tyres like everyone else, I can share a thing or two (perhaps) about fuses wink

Ok, it's definantly NOT beahind the ashtray, and if it's behind the rheostat cover, then it must be hiding real good... Ahh well. I'll keep lookin, cause it's gota be in there somewhere :)

I have a series one 85 GTi and I'm pretty sure that's where it's hiding - when I installed the cruise control on the car I had it to pieces and came across it - you may need to pull down the cover under the steering wheel and have a closer look. Just had a look in the manual for the car, and it says its *somewhere* around the rheostat wink