funny little girly renolt for sale on facebook locally

DoubleChevron

Real cars have hydraulics
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200849607583916&set=oa.557048137649431&type=1&theater

girly_renolt.jpg

I'll bite...

I can't tell if it's a Floride 'S' or a R1092 Floride with the vents welded up...John..?

How come there are so many of these girly little cars in Victoria..? No wonder they play A.F.L.

Gee's I thought I'd get a lot more people stired up refering to it like that :roflmao: You must need to be a member of the group. Yes I assume it's in the Ballarat area (after all it's a ballarat buy/swap/sell page)

Sharon Maree Phoenix
Renault Caravelle, convertable, 1962, reco motor, drivable, needs restoration, has all parts and spares.. RARE CAR $ 4000 ono
Like · · Follow Post · Share · Yesterday

Sharon Maree Phoenix Renault Caravelle, convertable, 1962, reco motor, drivable, needs restoration, has all parts and spares.. RARE CAR $ 4000 ono
Yesterday at 7:11pm · Like

Sharon Maree Phoenix bump.

Way too expensive right ?

Caravelle huh, well that makes a little more sense..
The body shell does look caravelle but the roof is Floride as is the front quarter window.

So it's either an American Caravelle import (unlikely) or someone has changed the doors, including windows and quarter frames to fit the Floride roof on..confused yet..?

So it is one mixed up Little girly car.

Last edited:
62 convertable would make it a Floride S. Graham your right about the roof and quarter windows, they are off a Floride, so if it has the correct soft top with a parcel shelf it's a Floride S as they didn't make a convertable Caravelle in 62.
The only way to know if it hasn't been bastardized into a floride S is by the oval plate number.

Shane its to hard to tell with one photo if it's to expensive, there seems to be a fair bit of surface rust but you don't know if it's ever been restored and the main rust areas removed. If it was a complete car with all trim, a soft top and no rust, sound mechanically and a clean interior I'd pay 4K if all it needed was a spray job. But going by what looks like a really old Vic rego sticker I'd say it's been off the road for a really long time and has never been touched.

Gee's I thought I'd get a lot more people stired up refering to it like that :roflmao: You must need to be a member of the group. Yes I assume it's in the Ballarat area (after all it's a ballarat buy/swap/sell page)

Way too expensive right ?

Girly cars, thats funny.
Back in the 90's we had this problem. I'm not saying Florovelles were girly cars but lets say they were driven by people whos sexuality might be questionable.

It used to really piss us off that these people would drive them daily and couldn't understand that they 30-40 year old cars with tiny engines and were not meant to sit on freeways all day at 60-70mph.

They'd come in complaining of something broken and we couldn't make them understand and parts were just not available, they would actually tells us off for not selling them what they needed, they thought they were a French MG and parts shouldn't be a problem.
People with Dauphines were Renault people who appreciated how old and fragile they were but Florovelle owners were just trendy little yuppies who couldn't afford an MG.

I remember Ken at Caravelle saying that we should take all these little girly men, put them in there little girly cars, put down there little girly soft tops, fill them up with cement and push them off St Kilda pier.

Thank god the cars finally have reached the classic status they deserved.

Hey Shane, if one of us who are into Florides was to buy this could you see yourself storing this Girly car for only about five years until they get the other three sorted, it wouldn't look out of place at your joint with all your Cits.

I would have to be a bit suspicious of someone who admitted to finding anything on Facebook let alone a Renolt Floride ?????

Hey Shane, if one of us who are into Florides was to buy this could you see yourself storing this Girly car for only about five years until they get the other three sorted, it wouldn't look out of place at your joint with all your Cits.

No way to 5years (it would end up under a pine tree full of sap and rust). However I could probably store it for an agreed time under cover. Send me a PM is your interested. I have a tow car and trailer here if you need it collected.

seeya,
shane L.

No way to 5years (it would end up under a pine tree full of sap and rust). However I could probably store it for an agreed time under cover. Send me a PM is your interested. I have a tow car and trailer here if you need it collected.

seeya,
shane L.

can you spare the tow car and trailer, what happens when you need to pick up the CX from the side of the road

can you spare the tow car and trailer, what happens when you need to pick up the CX from the side of the road

I don't need anymore CX's. Though there is one the other side of town that I need to go collect at some point.

seeya,
Shane L.

So how did they achieve fitting a Floride roof to a Caravelle...?

The hard top was just sitting on the car and not attached.

The first things I looked for was the rust area's, sill's, undersides, triangles, chassis rails and boot floor and it was a while until I stood up and looked into it and then knew I wasn't interested when I saw the rear seat which meant it was a Caravelle coupe.

I didn't even notice if the rear attachment points were on the car but the front ones were and are bolt on type with the lever fixing on the hard top removed so it could sit on there or if the hard top was off a floride coupe it was as is, as it wouldn't of had the lever fixing.

I would assume the quarter windows are off a floride and the door glass was changed to floride glass as the doors closed snugly to the hard top which is all you need to do. The only problem it leaves you is less head room in the back with the cararvelle coupe pushed back rear seat.

Yes, you are quite right about the low head clearance in the back, it would only be suitable for children. Still I hope someone gets her and brings her back to life.

If It had a bolted on Caravelle top and therefore better head room it would make for a classy little sedan indeed.

I was under the impression that the 4 seater R1131 had a Caravelle R1133 style roof anyway. Mine has and that was one of the reasons that they had a 4 seater as the different roof was able to provide the head room required. Certainly the removable top Floride S R1131 had a similar (but not quite the same) roof to the Floride R1092.

From the R1131 workshop manual