Full LED Headlamp Retrofit to 2017 Renault Megane GT Wagon

That is certainly possible, and may be probable, but there is a physical reason for it and appropriately designed LED replacement bulbs could well address the problem. I don't see any reason for blanket statements saying they Do, or Do Not. It could, however, be a waste of money finding out. You can see that even your quote has given itself a way out by saying "virtually always".

I would think the driver is in the best position to determine whether they are hallucinating, or whether the light pattern suits them better or less.

That is certainly possible, and may be probable, but there is a physical reason for it and appropriately designed LED replacement bulbs could well address the problem. I don't see any reason for blanket statements saying they Do, or Do Not. It could, however, be a waste of money finding out. You can see that even your quote has given itself a way out by saying "virtually always".

I would think the driver is in the best position to determine whether they are hallucinating, or whether the light pattern suits them better or less.
From the linked article;

Please note: From time to time, I am asked to comment on what are marketed as "new developments" in HID kits, and those asking sometimes point out to me that these "new developments" might render this article out-of-date, since the copyright date on the article is older than the date of these "new developments". Please understand, marketeers will always be coming up with dazzling new pseudoscience, tempting new hype and sneaky new ways of trying to convince you to buy their stuff. It's what they do. This article will never go out of date, because the problems with HID kits are conceptual problems, not problems of implementation. Therefore, they cannot be overcome by additional research and development, any more than someone could develop a way for you to put on somebody else's eyeglasses and see correctly.

evidence would suggest otherwise...

evidence would suggest otherwise...
What evidence? There is no evidence here on the subject. Just the opinions of people not directly involved.

"Please note: From time to time, I am asked to comment on what are marketed as "new developments" in HID kits"
We are not talking about HID lights. We are talking about LED lights. If you care to look at the precise nature of the problem, it is to do with the exact size and placement of the light source. With halogen (and other) filaments, that is small and intense. LEDs replacements have the light source more physically spread out, due to LEDs not being as intense. But I take it as common knowledge that the are becoming more intense over time, and therefore it is feasible that they could work as replacements for halogens.

Personally, I find it far more instructive to try to understand the issue, seek information, and apply some analysis, rather than simple copy n paste quotes from sources like they are authorities, even though they may have done nothing more than simple read other opinions.

In addition to which, having had a look at the second article, I find that it simply quoting "daniel stern", who authored the first link, so it adds precisely nothing to the overall topic. It really is best to read one's links before posting, I have found.

What evidence? There is no evidence here on the subject. Just the opinions of people not directly involved.
The evidence is that there are a lot of glare ridden lights out there ;)

"Please note: From time to time, I am asked to comment on what are marketed as "new developments" in HID kits"
We are not talking about HID lights. We are talking about LED lights. If you care to look at the precise nature of the problem, it is to do with the exact size and placement of the light source. With halogen (and other) filaments, that is small and intense. LEDs replacements have the light source more physically spread out, due to LEDs not being as intense. But I take it as common knowledge that the are becoming more intense over time, and therefore it is feasible that they could work as replacements for halogens.

Personally, I find it far more instructive to try to understand the issue, seek information, and apply some analysis, rather than simple copy n paste quotes from sources like they are authorities, even though they may have done nothing more than simple read other opinions.

In addition to which, having had a look at the second article, I find that it simply quoting "daniel stern", who authored the first link, so it adds precisely nothing to the overall topic. It really is best to read one's links before posting, I have found.
You really are quite special... Sigh. Ok fine, if you know something that bloke doesn't, have at it. But opinions should not be confused with expertise.

The evidence is that there are a lot of glare ridden lights out there ;)
But, Haakon! You've just twice posted articles from an expert, whose opinion/expertise you plainly accept and respect, and he says that you, the driver, cannot trust your own eyes.

Yet, now you are saying that the unquantified, unverified, anecdotal reports of people relying on their own eyes, is evidence!
Obviously there is a serious inconsistency there.

Anyway to get back on track with the OP's issue, I second the suggestion of a couple of others to initially try higher wattage replacement.
Or just do nothing as, apparently, experts say you wouldn't even know if the lights are any better, or not!

at the risk of repeating myself....I have a HID 'upgrade' globe in the polyelipssoidal headlight in my bike - this also has a beam 'cutoff' bar internally. This model bike was known for having a particularly poor headlight beam spread and penetration from the factory. Evidence (ie: the light out in front of me) proves that in this headlight base, with this HID globe (where there was previously a single filament standard incandescant globe) that the HID globe is a massive improvement. The beam has a very distinct cutoff horizon, and no colour fringing on that horizon. The HID globe fills in the dark 'holes' that the factory incandescant globe left, beautifully. It projects further, and brighter. It's not a silly blue / purple colour - just a 'normal' white light. When I first installed it, it was obviously aimed too high, but easily adjusted down to a regulation measured beam height.

Recommended !

Cheers

Justin

Reactions: COL
I found the best way to increase the range and intensity of one's headlights years ago. Doing a night rally almost every weekend in winter gave me the opportunity to try out "conditioning" my eyes. Standard 35W headlights and 55W Hella 8" driving lights were quite enough light output for me to drive through the inky blackness of Victorias' forests but I found that their effects could be enhanced simply by avoiding bright lights for 15 minutes or so prior to the start of a night stage. At the stage ends, waiting to re-start, I would wear dark sunglasses to achieve the same effect. It takes 10 to 20 minutes for your pupils to re-focus after exposure to bright light and as I observed (and not through my own experiences), most "Offs" seemed to appear in the first section of any stage.

I found the best way to increase the range and intensity of one's headlights years ago. Doing a night rally almost every weekend in winter gave me the opportunity to try out "conditioning" my eyes. Standard 35W headlights and 55W Hella 8" driving lights were quite enough light output for me to drive through the inky blackness of Victorias' forests but I found that their effects could be enhanced simply by avoiding bright lights for 15 minutes or so prior to the start of a night stage. At the stage ends, waiting to re-start, I would wear dark sunglasses to achieve the same effect. It takes 10 to 20 minutes for your pupils to re-focus after exposure to bright light and as I observed (and not through my own experiences), most "Offs" seemed to appear in the first section of any stage.
Thats all well and good on a closed rally stage, but when you are in inky blackness out on a busy highway with cars, SUV's and trucks coming towards you this will all go out the window with maladjusted headlights and those that are slow at dipping their headlights, and the even slower ones with driving lights and light bars with their switch on the dash they must thumble for in the dark because they don't have them wired through the dip switch.

Thats all well and good on a closed rally stage, but when you are in inky blackness out on a busy highway with cars, SUV's and trucks coming towards you this will all go out the window with maladjusted headlights and those that are slow at dipping their headlights, and the even slower ones with driving lights and light bars with their switch on the dash they must thumble for in the dark because they don't have them wired through the dip switch.
Sad but true, Col, although I survived my many kilometres of interstate driving at night by never looking directly at the lights of an approaching vehicle, always to the left! ;)

Hi.

I suggest that if this has not been checked already, that the volt drop between battery terminals and the current globes is checked and corrected. Need to rule out the easiest things first.

As many know, the incandescent light output drops off faster than the percentage of volt drop, i.e. it's not linear.

If larger wattage globes are fitted, volt drop will increase.

I would be expecting less than say 0.5 V total drop. You need to check the earth and power looms separately.

Cheers