Fuel consumption Peugeot 2008 1.2 Turbo (year 2017, automatic)

The car (Allure) came with (and still has) the Goodyear directionals as part of the "grip control" in the Allure (and upwards). I found them quite noisy at speed initially (but also depended strongly on the road surface). The car is otherwise very quiet at speed. Having now done 30K, the tyre noise seems less, either because I'm used to it or I've worn the noisy bits off these relatively chunky tyres. I was and still am contemplating replacing the tyres with a set of "normal" tyres. I realise that this may affect the grip control to some extent, but I'll need to give it a go to find out. Since i never go into the snow, I expect I'll never used the main grip control advantages. Maybe I can get a set of relatively chunky "normal" tyres that may be cheaper than I expect these directionals may be. Have done no price investigations at all and am happy about suggestions.

Car is still a great purchase.

Had a couple of puzzling computer/whizzbang/clever car issues. The "low pressure in car tyre" warning turned up on one occasion. Checked all tyres, and were all OK. Reset the computer and hasn't returned. Another non-fatal warning turned up once (forgotten what it was - obviously not memorable). Turned car off. Restart. Warning disappeared. Who knows. These have been the only incidents in 30K.

Maybe I take the car to the dealer and plug in the computer for the latest(?) software. Hmmm

Peugeot and software do not go together IMHO, 407 and its erorr management is woeful. Can only shudder to think where its going.

I've had mine for a year, and over 15000 Kms get 6.3 - 6.4 L/100K on country trips over the last 6 months (ignoring figures when the car was very new, although not much different).

quick question Barry, how many years was your warrentee?

Bought mine a month or so BEFORE the 5year warranty..... however, according to John Cardogan’s website, cars need to be “fit for purpose” under Australian Consumer laws. This would mean that one could argue for certain things as to be repaired as “faulty” and “not fit for purpose” in time periods beyond the warranty expiration. Hope I never need to exploit it. I’ve seen instances on this site of the manufacturer replacing (an engine, I think) way after the 3 year warranty. I suppose them main thing to have done would have to be to have kept documentation of yourself and Peugeot over the negotiations.

Hope I never need to. Engine, transmission, appear to have no obvious issues worldwide..... here’s hoping.