Fuego for Sale

bennymarsh

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

A lady at work has a 1984 Fuego GTX 2.0L with 218000km on it and 10 months rego. I've taken a ride and the car goes well, it possibly needs some new tires, but other than that seem in good condition for a 20 year old car.

How much should we be looking at getting for it and is anyone in Sydney interested in it?

Benny

Benny

I have a red 84 Fuego for sale in Melbourne ( haven't really been trying to sell) its unregistered and with poor original tyres, runs o.k., interior is fair.

I figure it owes me at least $500 to $600 or thereabouts as is, just for the parts/spares.

With the 10 months rego, add $300 to $400. You may be able to sell up from that if the interior is excellent,( leather on gear knob and steering wheel in good condition) (good upholstery) electrics in good order and no weird noises or oil leaks in engine bay)

For best price, body needs to be straight, no extensive repairs apparent, paintwork in good condition.

Hope that this helps in fixing a price ( of course sydney siders may be prepared to pay a lot more than Victorians!!) :D

Ken

<small>[ 09 October 2003, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Kenfuego ]</small>

I too am actually considering getting a Fuego, just to have a bit of fun with as throwing around a 306 could soon be a expensive excersise.

One question though, are parts for the fuego (mechanical) expensive in comparison to other french vehicles from the 80s?? question question

thanks
asanka cheers!

Purrr-geot

In answer to your query:

One question though, are parts for the fuego (mechanical) expensive in comparison to other french vehicles from the 80s??

Not really, as (for Melbourne owners)most parts are available through Caravelle and other local importers and still (IMHO) pretty competitive in pricing compared with local products.

There still seems to be plenty of parts cars available. Most Fuggie owners like myself keep a spare (or two) for instant parts and pick-a-part usually have a few to practice surgery on.

Europa - yes I agree that original wheels on worn tyres could reduce the price, but then it is something you factor in when you aquire one of these beautiful handling cars :) you then have to make a decision to either buy steel rims or fancy new mags and good handling tyres at $1,000 plus and you still get a fine car for between two and three thousand dollars.

For those who like to do their own work and scrounge parts, it becomes an inexpensive tweakable, good looking fun vehicle. Just ask Haakon, he's already hanging out for a new Fuego project!! :D

Ken

Well she traded it in, not sure where, but she got $1000 for it so she was happy enough!
Got a Hyundai Getz though :confused: cry moon
Benny