Fuego ?? BLUDGE IN BONNET!!!! Turbo?

Bowie

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hay ev1 over this end of eth world...

I ususaly reside in teh "cough cough: far superior Peugeot side of this site.. lol so let me appologise to all you unlucky soels who actually do own a renualt... lolol

just kidin guys and galls... :)

Anyway... i live in Newcastle and teho tehr day comig through Mayfiled of al places would you belive i spoted a Feugo with a substaintainly buldge in teh bonnet.. Rather impressive looking.. The car was probably a mid 80's early 90's i supose... it looked very well used...

But teh real purpose to my rambaling is that ive heard rumours that teh Peugoet 505 STX, (turbo 2L pug) and the Renult Fuego shared the same engine..
being the NT9EA or somthig similar...

well anyway The Pug 505 STX had this turbo engine and i was wondeirng if this Renult with teh bludge in the bonnet also had that turboed 2L.... or 2.2L ??

Thanks in advance guys and galls...

hmm

Actually I dont think any 2.0lTurbo Fuegos made it to Australia. Be nice if it did.

Most models just has slightley different cosmetic changes through out the 80's, like different grills and bonnets, dont think they really played round with the engines.

Ahhh ok... darn... some with pug... teh conversion to right hand drive made the turbo engine in practical considering teh small market out here....

i was just hoping tho that it was not the case with teh might of Renult.. lol but "sigh" oh well..

thanks man

The Fuego Turbo had an 807 type (16ts) engine not the 2L. Most likely it has had a good front shunt and required a bonnet. The Turbo bonnet was all that was available for a while, and so if you see a Fuego with a bulging bonnet, it just means it has been hit fairly well. There are probably only a half dozen of the real Turbos in the country as they had to be privately imported.
Alan.

bowie
[QB]
well anyway The Pug 505 STX had this turbo engine QB]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the STX was the V6, and the turbo was simply badged the "Turbo Injection"

as seen in this pic

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/dkadarisman/images/505/pic/505_1b.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.geocities.com/dkadarisman/images/505/pic/505_1b.jpg</a>

(copy + paste link)

could be wrong mind you :D

<small>[ 06 November 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>

If only...

The Fuego and the Peugeot 505 STI/GTI shared the same engine (well, block), although in the 505 it's a 2.2L and in the Fuego 2.0L (bigger stroke?)

Most Fuegos with "speed bumps" in the bonnet have them due to soft engine mounts. The engine mounts can give out, and the clearance between the Fuego's Weber and the bonnet is very small... This makes for a dent on the passenger side near the front.

The N9T/E/EA/etc is the 505 Turbo, nJm was right that the STX is V6. N9Ts were sold here in a very different form, a N/A Simca. Apparently there was a guy in Victoria (not sure whom, I heard it second hand) who imported a N9T from the US and built a 505 Turbo, but the crank got bent. He tried a Simca to replace it but the stroke is different, so AFAIK that engine is still floating around somewhere. Have a search on the Forum.

However, the Z?J (Douvrin?) engine (Fuego/STI/GTI) was used in a turbo form, the Renault 21 Turbo (alongside other Renaults, maybe.) AFAIK none of these were sold in Aus. :( .

<small>[ 06 November 2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Gus ]</small>

Ahhhh ok...

yeah i had a vag association between teh STX and turbo.. but fair enough STX being teh V6..

and agian i had a loose conection in my noogen between Peugeot and Renult donks..

This wasnt a little bump.... Very bonnet scoopish.. Picture old Tarana.. with backwards facing bonnet scoop... just a little less profile but you get the idea....

Thanks for clearing all that up guys.. Cheers!!