Front right rattle Peugeot 307 Diesel Wagon '07

T03Y

Fellow Frogger
Hey, I have a Peug 307 wagon '07
It has a rattle over the front right wheel. I imagine it to be the shock/mount, though I don't know much about that. Actually I've had this on other cars of other makes.
It sounds like it can roll around and rattle even when the road is smooth, and defineately on any undulations.
Doesn't affect performance but sounds lousy. Can anyone diagnose based on that? Thanks

Will usually be anti-rollbar links - they have little ball joints which wear, and behave as you describe.

I had the problem on my Xantia, and was able to replace them myself.

Cheers

Alec

Ditto. They aren't expensive from the usual non-dealer suppliers.

The top of the strut has a rubber mount ,that the shock attaches to ,check the centering of the nut ,in the center of the strut ,in the engine bay with the one on the left , we did this job on my sons 307 wagon not long ago ,the strut has to come out, you will need some spring compressors ,got the part from eai ,not that expensive pugs , my wife also drives a 307 hdi sw

Hi to all. My wife's 308 HDi wagon is currently suffering a same/similar problem to TO3Y's 307 and based on the considerable similarity between the 2 models I'm thinking both issues are probably the same. The diagnosis from a well regarded Peug mech was "it's more than likely that the top engine mount is beyond use by date" and sure enough his dart was true. However the curing of that on this 230,000km car did not eradicate all rattles which to most ears is coming from the right hand side especially when the car is travelling straight and even more silent when the road is a smooth surface. When doing left hand bends on rough rural tar there is little to no sound and as another clue I found that on smooth road at around 100 kph and going straight a knock can be induced by enough of a dab on the brakes to be felt and then a knock is heard as it returns to normal running. This creation of a knock is easy to repeat if one so desires. A restyle 307 wagon with RHR engine is available as a donor of parts to use for any necessary testing. When time permits I will act on pugwash's words about the centreing of the strut nut/s.
Any thoughts and/or ideas most appreciated. cheers and best wishes to all.

What i meant to say was ,if the nut is not centered ,its an indication that the rubber bit it is attached to has collapsed ,and needs replacing , i will have a look around and see if that old part is still lying about somewhere amd send a pic , .pugs ,

We've had similar with 307 and 406 front and rear. Inevitably it has been the swaybar links with the ball joints. It's almost impossible to see the play in them either on or off the car but when they make the noise you know they're shot. It's quite loud and surprisingly annoying. There is a rattle on one side generally which is induced by any road with a less than perfect surface. They are cheap and easy to replace so it's best to do them before embarking on pulling struts out. I agree however that you can see whether the nut in the strut is centred or not and this can cause a noise but I have been there, done that, only to find there's still a noise which turned out to be the swaybar links. Do the cheapest easiest and most commonly known problems first!! Engine mounts are pretty easy to spot visually when they are knackered.