Front end id?

Peppie

Tadpole
I am looking for a Peugeot 403B front suspension unit. I was informed today there is differences between the years. Mainly the spring length and stub difference. How would I be able to tell the difference so I know I have the right one?

No difference that I have heard of. All I can think of is different brake cylinder sizes.

I have several front ends including one in a 403B still installed. Happy to assist if you need parts. I am located in hunter Valley nsw

I have several front ends including one in a 403B still installed. Happy to assist if you need parts. I am located in hunter Valley nsw

Can you see any difference in the spring length and stubs/bearings? Would you have a spare one you would part with?

The 403 parts manual would be a way to find out for sure. Mine seems to go up to 1962 and no later.

I have never observed any difference in my youth where I was swapping bits and pieces out of the dozen cars or so we had in the paddock to keep my car registered. The Bs have the same front layout and the wheel bearings are the same part number. Given front body is the same, seems unlikely they would be different. In any case if you get the whole front end it would not matter. Send me a pm if you wish to pursue parts.

I have never observed any difference in my youth where I was swapping bits and pieces out of the dozen cars or so we had in the paddock to keep my car registered. The Bs have the same front layout and the wheel bearings are the same part number. Given front body is the same, seems unlikely they would be different. In any case if you get the whole front end it would not matter. Send me a pm if you wish to pursue parts.

Message sent