French pressings for rusty 203s

Ghee, for that price I'd be happy to buy them, especially if they were a correct fit on first fitting. Or maybe, I'm just getting soft as I get older. They would save a lot of time and heart ache.

Yeah 1/2 to 2/3 the price, and around the same for more complex pressings.

And no freight to be added - the killer for overseas bulky items :wink2:

I'm afraid my restoration budget is too constrained for repro panels of this ilk, if that is typical pricing.

Yeah 1/2 to 2/3 the price, and around the same for more complex pressings.

And no freight to be added - the killer for overseas bulky items :wink2:

I'm afraid my restoration budget is too constrained for repro panels of this ilk, if that is typical pricing.

Its all about the number of panels produced (scale of economies). The guys that are producing the rust panels know doubt bought the old tooling and are trying to get back the money they have invested and make a living out of small production runs.

I agree about the freight from overseas (especially France) is a killer. One way to soften the blow with freight is to incorporate your resto with an overseas trip and bring back you spare parts in your check in luggage.

‘X11’ was on the inner longeron originally, wasn’t it?

‘X11’ was on the inner longeron originally, wasn’t it?

Yes, that's a for sure, never seen the markings on any sedan longeron panels though, early or late, just L/CL, U6/C5 types. U4 and U8/C8 both seem to have their own individual part Nos. for that particular section.

thanks for that lo203404
while on this topic, does anyone know if the familiale (L) had wider box sections, as per the soft-tops? A couple of the few photos i have found show a squared-off tunnel, too.

Last edited:
Think carefully about the time it would take to make these panels by hand - not mention the jury rig tooling required. For the achievable results they look like a bargain to me - even with the freight.

- while on this topic, does anyone know if the familiale (L) had wider box sections, as per the soft-tops? A couple of the few photos i have found show a squared-off tunnel, too.
No, the familiale/commerciale has the same width section as the sedan. The difference is the overall length - achieved by welding additional sections to the rear of the sedan pressings.

53BBB966-A282-4A36-AAF7-829331A31785.jpg93418AC0-D3D7-4D34-ABD0-BE319C0C7D99.jpgDDA1B2EE-60F9-4BFB-B5BC-1458A0F1A38D.jpg73A86150-190C-40B3-AC39-7E8128F6C0BF.jpg51EFD137-939B-4935-9B81-5ABA10CEFF7F.jpeg

further illustration of above discussed - the extensions:
N.B. this knowledge shared from Amoureux, without asking:
'Pascal51' to 'Chips'
"...
La familiale et la commerciale (203L et 203CL, L pour longue) ont donc des longerons intérieurs rallongés.
Qu'en est-il des extérieurs.Tu as une photo des morceaux tronçonnés à nous montrer ?
Les longerons que je t'ai fourni sont aux cotes usine mais je peux les fabriquer à la longueur qui te convient sans souder une rallonge.
..."

IMG_2001.jpgIMG_2002.JPGIMG_2003.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

Did anyone by chance keep the name of the company who was advertising these panels. I sent them an email (via the lebocoin email system, so no tracking...), but never heard back. Now the link has gone down. I was going to ask a friend in France to follow them up for me....

If anyone has the name, would you please forward it onto me.

Cheers,

Dan

-23bwmd.jpg-23olkw.jpg
Once, patching metal resembling doilie-paper made Gal 'C'-section roof purlins sound good.
-26x2h4.jpg
- for Camionnette?

Ask for ex VAT price from France as it is an export. 20% less please

At $580 each plus freight, Healey Factory becomes a cheaper option

Sure - if big Healeys had used a Peugeot platform (like future Vauxhall), however ...
I sought attention, lest it was missed by anyone interested, for new part availability in the state of origin.
This does indeed follow various British Motor Heritage, Jaguar-Rover, Daimler-Benz, etc., factory efforts and third parties (some with sanction/blessing) pressing requisite components for Porsches in Canada, Jags in New Zealand and probably even Astons in Melbourne. I recall another british sports car similarly serviced by someone round Ballarat but specifics elude me. Waddingtons in Castlemaine could make whole Fords in steel years ago, too.

Last edited:
thanks for that lo203404
while on this topic, does anyone know if the familiale (L) had wider box sections, as per the soft-tops? A couple of the few photos i have found show a squared-off tunnel, too.
found 8950.1, 8951.01 and 8952.01 "TOLE ... de fixation de strapontin" - centrale, gauche and droite
c-89f.jpg203.1-702.jpg

Last edited: