French cars in movies

This afternoon i was watching a boring pink panther movie from 1983 which had a car chase involving a 504 taxi being chased by several other french cars including a citroen and renault whose occupants were firing at them. At one stage the 504 rolled onto its roof on a windy downhill road and continued travelling that way before righting itself with very little damage and getting away from the others.

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020, streaming on Netflix).
Skip to the 1 hour 20 minute mark and watch for just six minutes duration as Diana and Steve chase down an armoured convoy in an Egyptian 504 taxi. Also spotted: 405, 504 wagon, 505.
Then watch Lost Bullet (Netflix) because it’s much more fun. 😁

A movie on Netflix called the last bullet.
The star of the show is a R21 Turbo police pursuit car but being a French movie there are plenty of other Frogs (and non-frogs) to see.
Many are destroyed in some of the car chases unfortunately.

A movie on Netflix called the last bullet.
The star of the show is a R21 Turbo police pursuit car but being a French movie there are plenty of other Frogs (and non-frogs) to see.
Many are destroyed in some of the car chases unfortunately.
Already identified in post #58 and #62 (I love this movie 😁).
Really people, if you've got Netflix and like French cars you must see this film.
I just can't stop rewatching the R12 disembowel a Ford.
🤣

Mildly amusing video of how to 'score dope in Vietnam', circa 1970's. At 2:25 you can see a Peugeot 203 taxi. Guessing the French influence, being a former colony. What else can you spot?

Death in Paradise......
DIP 403.jpg

Escape From Pretoria (Netflix).
A variety of Frenchies in the street scenes and filmed in Adelaide... anyone here get their car in the cut?

Ofcouse there is the film Goddess of 67. - - - -

I got a call from the film maker who needed two 1967 DS's for hire. I asked why they needed 2 and he kind of indicated that if one was damaged or such they would need a second so from then on it was to sell or nothing. I said that they would be hard pushed to find a second but I did have a '68 DS which is basically the same apart from front guards and bonnet. So with these parts we sold the 2 cars for $21,000 which was big money in those days.
John

Attachments

• the goddes in the Nullabor 360.jpg
    the goddes in the Nullabor 360.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 134
  • the goddes in the Nullabor 2 360.jpg
    the goddes in the Nullabor 2 360.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 132
  • Justins goddess of 67.JPG
    Justins goddess of 67.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 131
  • La bombe feature hugo 1 closeup.jpg
    La bombe feature hugo 1 closeup.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 147
  • 68-PALLAS-w.jpg
    68-PALLAS-w.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 141
  • the goddes of 67.jpg
    the goddes of 67.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 130
Ofcouse there is the film Goddess of 67. - - - -

I got a call from the film maker who needed two 1967 DS's for hire. I asked why they needed 2 and he kind of indicated that if one was damaged or such they would need a second so from then on it was to sell or nothing. I said that they would be hard pushed to find a second but I did have a '68 DS which is basically the same apart from front guards and bonnet. So with these parts we sold the 2 cars for $21,000 which was big money in those days.
John
Do I have an error in my brain filing system or around the same time (circa 2000) did Clara Law also direct a short film that screened on SBS TV and comprised luscious studio photography of the DS and quotations from the excellent Roland Barthes essay? 🤔

I don’t know if the movie Betty Blue has come up on this post.

It was huge at the time. Red paint was thrown onto the black DS - - -

In the late eighties I often went to the Three Monkeys café at West End in Brisbane after a movie and had a “Bette Blue” - - and cake. The Bette Blue was milk coffee in a bowl.
Going to Le Sel in Maldon a while back I asked for a Bette Blue. The waiter looked at me with a blank face and I told him of the background of how the French way of having coffee got its name (in Brisbane anyway) - - - - - and then I started to think that maybe The three Monkeys in Brisbane was the ONLY place in Australia that called it a Betty Blue ?????
There is also a "new" CX owned by Zorg.

John

I have started watching an SBS series online. Called Wonderland the main character "time travels" from modern day Paris to 1960. As you can imagine, some nice vehicles!