French cars in movies

There's a fairly good French (light-hearted crime) series on Netflix called Lupin. The police cars are Peugeots.
New episodes just released.
Reminds me of the ad:
“Watch this Peugeot turn into a corner.” And watch the Ford wallow like a pregnant hippo...

Not a film but a music clip with a French car:

Edited: Clip can be found on YouTube

Natalie Imbruglia - Shiver

Last edited:
Tongan Ninja (2002)
Villains in Peugeot from 1h:3m mark

Try searching YouTube
If the Shaw Brothers made a movie in New Zealand with traces of Flight of the Conchords this would be the result.
I’ve warned you 🤣

Last edited:
A View to a Kill - Jenny Flex and Pan Ho use a red Renault Fuego Turbo. It can be first seen when May Day kills Sir Godfrey Tibbett at the petrol station, and later when Max Zorin confronts James Bond with his true identity. The car has a French registration 1545 BGT 75 - the 75 indicates that the car was registered in Paris.

GoldenEye - A grey US-spec Fuego Turbo appears as a background vehicle during the tank chase in St. Petersburg.

Tomorrow Never Dies - Most probably the same grey US-spec car as seen in GoldenEye re-appears in the parking garage scene. It is destroyed when one of Carver's men fires a grenade into it.

UFOs on SBS on demand. 12 episode series set in France in 1978. Amazing breadth of vehicles featured.

The Last Mercenary on Netflix

Predominantly set in current day Paris so there are more modern French cars than you can poke with a baguette.
Jean-Claude Van Damme having a whole lotta fun 😁

Jaques Tati film Trafic (last film featuring M. Hulot) coming up at 8:10 this morning (Sunday) on SBS. Note that SBS misspells the name (Traffic).

Jacques Tati''s 'Playtime' is on SBS Word Movies as I write, just started. It will probably be on their OnDemand channel too.

Lost Bullet on Netflix

Starts with a modded Clio driving through 4 concrete walls (woohoo!). Protagonist is a genius mechanic tracking good cop’s R21 (OhMy!) to thwart dirty cops. Merci Renault Sports Cars.... also Easter eggs for eagle eyes.

Hmmmm. Maybe don’t watch this if you find seeing French cars get destroyed to be .... distressing.