French Car Part Shops

Thanks Mr Shoji, I'll gradually weed this lot for our 4CV Register suppliers list. There's a few new to me.

Thanks Ray. Added to main list

This is a pain as I can't add a new listing to the No. 1 post list of shops!
But just discovered this shop for rubbery things (Graham - are you reading?)

I'm looking at the thinnest rubber sheet with ideas for reskinning surfaces that are not perfect. not more than 1mm but thinner would be great.

Depending of course upon the desired sheet you can look on ebay for small and thin rubber sheets, but be aware if they are silicone rubber you cannot glue it with superglue, it will just laugh at you. Don't ask me how I know.

Perhaps you could overspray your existing rubbers with this product. It is high build and needs to go on nice and thick. ??

BTW Bunnings keep these rubber sheet profiles too..

Screenshot 2023-02-23 100430.png

Last edited:
Speaking of French shops or any make for that matter. I shout out Powerbrakes in Adelaide, they are the only place I could find who will bond new linings to old brake shoes, and what a cracker of a job they did. I supplied an exact dimension of the brake drum diameter and they radial ground them to suit. (y)

IMG_5874.JPG

It's not hard to get bonding on an exchange basis. Is your case a rare shoe that you want back?

Speaking of French shops or any make for that matter. I shout out Powerbrakes in Adelaide, they are the only place I could find who will bond new linings to old brake shoes, and what a cracker of a job they did. I supplied an exact dimension of the brake drum diameter and they radial ground them to suit. (y)

View attachment 217198
They've been excellent and THE go to place for about 45 years to my knowledge. They get work sent from all over the country. I couldn't get the right master cylinder seals for the R8 (local places insisted they were metric, which is wrong!) and they quoted the master cylinder ID number over the phone and I had the right seals the following morning. Fabulous service.

Depending of course upon the desired sheet you can look on ebay for small and thin rubber sheets, but be aware if they are silicone rubber you cannot glue it with superglue, it will just laugh at you. Don't ask me how I know.

Perhaps you could overspray your existing rubbers with this product. It is high build and needs to go on nice and thick. ??

BTW Bunnings keep these rubber sheet profiles too..

View attachment 217193
I love the resistance to abrasion AND "peel off" characteristic. I take it that it doesn't peel off easily but is strong enough to peel once you get it started?

This stuff looks, feels and sticks just like rubber but I haven't had the pleasure of needin to peel it off yet. My Brother in law has had it painted on the lid of his Caravan toolbox and has been in the sun for 9 years and counting. It's still stuck.

It's not hard to get bonding on an exchange basis. Is your case a rare shoe that you want back?
I'm, fortunate enough to have a spare set of shoes that I could entrust to Auspost, PB and the return courier, which eased the potential for loss somewhat. But yes, they can't be bought as a new item or as an exchange item which is why I sent them to Adelaide

This stuff looks, feels and sticks just like rubber but I haven't had the pleasure of needin to peel it off yet. My Brother in law has had it painted on the lid of his Caravan toolbox and has been in the sun for 9 years and counting. It's still stuck.
I clearly need some!
I'm, fortunate enough to have a spare set of shoes that I could entrust to Auspost, PB and the return courier, which eased the potential for loss somewhat. But yes, they can't be bought as a new item or as an exchange item which is why I sent them to Adelaide
One of the Perth "top brake places" managed to lose a friends rare Dauphine Gordini brake shoes a couple of years ago. They exchanged standard Dauphine ones, which fit but are 5 mm narrower. Hopeless client service. They are OK to hone or resleeve a master cylinder but don't let them assemble it.....

I clearly need some!

One of the Perth "top brake places" managed to lose a friends rare Dauphine Gordini brake shoes a couple of years ago. They exchanged standard Dauphine ones, which fit but are 5 mm narrower. Hopeless client service. They are OK to hone or resleeve a master cylinder but don't let them assemble it.....
Know them John. Found a good crowd in Port Kennedy