French car owners monthly tyre kicking day

Anyone going this Sunday 15th Sep?

I know I'm not a regular, but I could make an appearance this time.

IMG_1568508453.887166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

I'm here but all alone....

Tony.

Attachments

• 20190915_110139.jpg
    20190915_110139.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:
FRENCH CAR OWNERS TYRE KICKING DAY (FCOTKD)

20[SUP]th [/SUP]May 2019

French Car Owner’s Tyre Kicking Day started over 5 years ago as a very informal monthly gathering, mainly for French car owners. However others were always more that welcome. (SEE post #1 this Thread).
The gathering held the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Sunday of every month of the year has seen many different French cars and French car owners pay a visit, some a number of times, some only once (Not their cup of coffee?).
In fact there is no coffee, as this event was meant to be very informal:- No voluntary work or arranging required to be carried out by anyone! Unlike car clubs!
Attendee numbers have raged between 16 car owners down to sometimes only 2 or 3. Numbers appear to relate inversely to good weather. There are a small number, 6 or 7 that attend very frequently.
I have not been able to attend the Tyre Kicking constantly during the last 12 months or so hence have tried not to promote it heavily and attendee numbers have dropped off. I compete in the State motorkhana series, take an annual O/S trip and also of late have become a “Grey Nomad” (I cringe at that term!). The foregoing are clashing more and more with me attending Tyre Kicking (That’s Life!).
However I attend when available.
I consider that I should no further promote or post monthly reminders for the Tyre Kicking events now that I am no longer able to regularly attend.
French Car Owners Tyre Kicking Day may have to “SINK or SWIM”.

Good Luck FCOTKD
BIGRR

SORRY!

I was not available today, and will be in Kansas (USA) for the next one.

If anyone wishes to push/drive this event????

I only ever just advertised it each month a couple of days early.

Thank you very much for starting this thing , Bigrr, and we had some memorable meetings . But, it is what it is , and I can’t believe it’s been five years!

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Thanks Bad Bertie,

I had a good time, there were some memorable meetings.:approve:

No reason a few others could not keep it going? I would probably be able to attend 5 or 6 times a year.
The 5 years flew, everything does when you are having a good time!:cheers:

Wow it's been five years??!!

I hung around and we had a first time visitor turn up so glad I did. Was nice to meet Mark, we hung around until about 12:00PM. He had a very nice 406 manual sedan. I'd not seen one before. Apparently they were special order only.

Apparently I only just missed you Bertie. The people at the Motor Cycle place said you had only just left.

Even though I live just around the corner, this year has been a struggle for me to get there. There's almost always been something on.

Mark had seen the event in the Peugeot car club magazine, he's not a member hear at Aussie frogs.

Tony.

@BIGRR, a commemorative adhoc post fire, flood, covid 3rd Sunday Tyre Kicking day could draw a few owners, forecast for Sunday is supposedly sunny.

@BIGRR, a commemorative adhoc post fire, flood, covid 3rd Sunday Tyre Kicking day could draw a few owners, forecast for Sunday is supposedly sunny.
I'd be in that if the weather is ok. That's a bit of an 'if' at the moment... can't wait for La Nina to stop.

See post #787. Nothing has changed for me. (I have been away for 10 days, just arrived home, hence I did not see posts above #793 and #794.

I had been thinking of the same thing. :)

It sounds like a good idea for a "one off"(?) well earned re-run, to see if many are interested.

You do realise I do not have to attend the Tyre Kicking anyone else could run it. It only takes a bit of reminding people that the event is on.

How about the 3rd Sunday in April? OR?