French car owners monthly tyre kicking day

“FRENCH CAR OWNERS TYRE KICKING DAY”

This Sunday 19th May 2019
starting around 10:30 am.

All FRENCH(and other)VEHICLES WELCOME :)
* Yes we have undercover parking!

See details:
"French car owners monthly tyre kicking day"post #1 Social Events & Meets:(Social Events & Meets)
Makes other than Peugeot are welcome. :afplak: :citplak: :pugplak: :renplak:

I will be at a motorkhana at Quakers Hill. :)

BIGRR, looks like I live just around the corner from you. I'm in Carlingford. I'm surprised you haven't spotted him at Carlo Court or North Rocks.
You're welcome to drop by for a coffee, chat and to kick Kermit's tyres if you want. Just PM me. In any case, if anyone shows any interest on Sunday, I'll probably bring him back next month.

He could always do the double. Attend tyre kickers in the morning and swing by the motorkhana in the afternoon/lunch.
Steve, the motorkhana is in the Nirimba education precinct at quakers Hill - enter off the quakers parkway. Then just follow the road toward the right until you reach the end. There is one roundabout you have to bear right on in the middle. You’ll see, or hear the cars to your right just after that. The event is held on what is the old parade ground from when it was a naval base; and part of a runway from WW2.

BIGRR, looks like I live just around the corner from you. I'm in Carlingford. I'm surprised you haven't spotted him at Carlo Court or North Rocks.
You're welcome to drop by for a coffee, chat and to kick Kermit's tyres if you want. Just PM me. In any case, if anyone shows any interest on Sunday, I'll probably bring him back next month.

Thanks for the offer Steve, I just make take you up on that in the near future. :)

He could always do the double. Attend tyre kickers in the morning and swing by the motorkhana in the afternoon/lunch.
Steve, the motorkhana is in the Nirimba education precinct at quakers Hill - enter off the quakers parkway. Then just follow the road toward the right until you reach the end. There is one roundabout you have to bear right on in the middle. You’ll see, or hear the cars to your right just after that. The event is held on what is the old parade ground from when it was a naval base; and part of a runway from WW2.

Thanks renault8&10. That's the first I've heard of that! Yes, I'm definitely interested in at least watching and possibly participating, but not this Sunday. I've already booked an appointment to watch Manly kick Cronulla's collective derriere.

However, thanks for the heads-up. If you have more information (costs/safety requirements etc) please let me know.

After Sunday, there are three more rounds at Nirimba (two in June and one in July) then the fourth at Eastern Creek (SMSP skidpan).

As a sedan, there’s not much you need. Battery secured, no loose items in the car or boot; CAMS NS or Speed license and an entry from. Entry fees vary club by club but are usually $60-80 for an adult. The car will be scrutineered for the above and to check it is basically sound - brakes, steering. Being roadworthy is generally the min std expected.

Of interest to you may be the fact that RCCA will be running a round on the 23rd June at Nirimba. Good chance to come along, watch and perhaps even volunteer. An excellent way to get right up close to the action to see what goes on.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Now that I know it exists, I can make room to attend somewhere down the track. See you Sunday perhaps, and yes, Kermit will be at the All French Car Day in July, as he has the past couple of years.

I’ll be at Nirimba, my daughter is planning on running at this stage. But will also be at the RCCA round on the 23rd June; and AFCD in July.

The full calendar and details are available at NSW Motorkhana

Well, here is the result from my first trip to the French Tyre Kicking Day at Silverwater (19/05/19). I met a very nice couple, Mark and Jackie, driving their Peugeot RCZ, and apart from that, no-one else turned up. Crickets..... Both cars arrived at 10.30 am, and I left at 11.30, with Mark preparing to depart soon after.

That aside, the toilets which were advertised as being open, were locked, and the cafe which was advertised as being open, was shut. Just my bad luck?

I usually take a thermos of tea. There are cafe’s at the newington shopping centre (and probably toilets) just a bit further up the road. You could also do a quick run and back from there for your caffeine fix. Two pugs turned up at Nirimba, so we were evenly spread!

FRENCH CAR OWNERS TYRE KICKING DAY (FCOTKD)
20[SUP]th [/SUP]May 2019

French Car Owner’s Tyre Kicking Day started over 5 years ago as a very informal monthly gathering, mainly for French car owners. However others were always more that welcome. (SEE post #1 this Thread).
The gathering held the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Sunday of every month of the year has seen many different French cars and French car owners pay a visit, some a number of times, some only once (Not their cup of coffee?).
In fact there is no coffee, as this event was meant to be very informal:- No voluntary work or arranging required to be carried out by anyone! Unlike car clubs!
Attendee numbers have raged between 16 car owners down to sometimes only 2 or 3. Numbers appear to relate inversely to good weather. There are a small number, 6 or 7 that attend very frequently.
I have not been able to attend the Tyre Kicking constantly during the last 12 months or so hence have tried not to promote it heavily and attendee numbers have dropped off. I compete in the State motorkhana series, take an annual O/S trip and also of late have become a “Grey Nomad” (I cringe at that term!). The foregoing are clashing more and more with me attending Tyre Kicking (That’s Life!).
However I attend when available.
I consider that I should no further promote or post monthly reminders for the Tyre Kicking events now that I am no longer able to regularly attend.
French Car Owners Tyre Kicking Day may have to “SINK or SWIM”.

Good Luck FCOTKD
BIGRR

Well, BIGRR, that does seem a shame. The event had been promoted to me over some time by a PUG-driving friend, but I'd never had the opportunity to attend until my first visit (which he didn't come to either). I wish I'd been able to come during its hey-days.

-The event may "SWIM" the venue is still there and the 3rd Sunday of the month keeps re-occurring! :wink2:

2 turned up so far. 4 if you include the reflection....lol
57eed0c83b39844ecbbe83ac61774492.jpg

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Alas, yesterday was the Battle of Waterloo in Queanbeyan, Euro Motorfest in Newcastle and the Citroën Car Club had a D Day Run to Valley Heights Train Museum.

Lots of competing events, so good to see two turn up at least :)