French Car Festival - Melbourne - 28th October 2018

Geoff in Gully

Fellow Frogger
Heads Up Folks, the French Car Festival is coming around again. It's a biggie this year . . .

28th October at Markham Reserve (Victory Avenue, Ashburton - around #80) from 10am onwards.
Check out the attached flyer - no, wait, don't just check it out - print out a few, leave them lying around, on the parts counter, in the shop window, at the coffee machine at work, so that others may see and come share the joy that only a mass of French classics can bring.

Why 'a biggie'? do I hear you ask?

Well, it's the 70th anniversary of the Citroen 2CV - one's of the world's classic cult cars - and, since it's the Citroen clubs’ turn to organise the FCF this year, that's kind of added a special twist.

Also it’s 50 years of the mighty R16 - the hatchback innovation that changed the motoring world . . .

And, it's 120 years since the first Renault was out and about and turning heads. There ain't many car companies that can match that.

So it's obvious that there should be (at least) 70 2CV's and 120 Renault's on show at this auspicious event.

I'll grant you that 70 2CVs might be a bit of a stretch, but dammit 120 Renault's should be a piece of cake to assemble.
I’ll settle for 16 Renault 16’s as 50 of them maybe even I’ll concede stretches the bounds of reality.

You’ve got a bit over a month to get ready. Bags of time really when you think about it.
And plenty of time for you interstate French Car lovers and owners to make travel and accomodation plans as required - there are no excuses . . .

Attachments

• FCF 2018 Flyer p1.jpg
    FCF 2018 Flyer p1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 294
  • FCF18 Schedule.jpg
    FCF18 Schedule.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 345
  • FCF18 Sponsors.jpg
    FCF18 Sponsors.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 312
Where is the promotion for this event? It's on this Sunday. No notification as yet in the Herald Sun motoring supplement, RACV or any other that I've seen (other than Club magazines like PCCV's Torque). Do you expect non French car enthusiasts to turn up driving up Warrigal Rd or High St Rd? Dream on. Totally useless and AFAIC you don't deserve to host another festival.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me Jeff. It will give me an excuse to clean the 309, plenty to do after the rally last weekend!

Despite the organisers failure to promote this event as far as reasonably possible, My 405 race winning Super Sprint race car will be on show (weather dependant) and up for sale. Too many features to list here.

I'll be there with the turbo wagon and the 16v 205 also, found it difficult to find any info bar this, do I need to notify an official that i intend to bring cars?

Just turn up, I will be there in the 309, may do the same as you and tow behind my 504 wagon so display that as well.

PCCV has been celebrating the 504 European release in 1968, this year.

French car day Melbourne

If all goes to plan at VicRoads tomorrow I should be there with Reg ( '60 4CV rescued from 50 year slumber. Scruffy but something of a time capsule )

He just has to get up the hill to Olinda and then back down again

Otherwise in faithful 404

Best Wishes

Andrew

PCCV has been celebrating the 504 European release in 1968, this year.

The venue is OK for trailer parking? I have the 309 on a rally permit and I don't think this would cover driving to a display.

The venue is OK for trailer parking? I have the 309 on a rally permit and I don't think this would cover driving to a display.

I reckon if a permit has been granted to hold a car display on the reserve, any transport vehicles would also be accepted.

Perhaps the hosting club could confirm?

I will also be displaying my tow car, 504 wagon. Would be plenty of the older cars being trailered there I would think.

Where is the promotion for this event? It's on this Sunday. No notification as yet in the Herald Sun motoring supplement, RACV or any other that I've seen (other than Club magazines like PCCV's Torque). Do you expect non French car enthusiasts to turn up driving up Warrigal Rd or High St Rd? Dream on. Totally useless and AFAIC you don't deserve to host another festival.

With due respect, my wife new about it and we (she) don't buy/read the Sun Herald nor members of RACV.
We'll be there in a well used Citroën C5

This the 21st Century.

Wonderful event as it happens...with 212 cars. Spectacular weather. Looking forward to photos. Incredible cars from out of the woodwork, including a straight 8 Amilcar, and several Delages. Great event and well enjoyed by the locals.