France vs. Japan - Oran Park

PeterT

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
It's on again this Sunday 23 May, when the Pugs take on the Japanese at Oran Park. With horsepower being less of an advantage, Tekkie might just be able to unsettle Parry, Ashely and me. Even money.

I don't even get a mention. :cry:

But that's ok because I won't be there.

Have fun guys. :)

Peter,
with my trailer now balanced (it was oading up the towhook approx 100+kg's last weekend), my swift is bound to be faster. ;)

I think Parry and his 205 is a mighty package and will be very hard to beat, specially without any practice in my swifty lately. Whats up with your 205 Peter?

Last edited:
Dont worry about me tekkie, its the 80 year old in the mini we have to watch.

Our car came out ok from Eastern Creek, with exception to the tires, new tires are now down to 3/4 worn!!!!! I think I pushed a little too hard to get sub 2. Also we have a warped front disc which makes braking a little intresting, but it will have to do for this week.

parry said:
Dont worry about me tekkie, its the 80 year old in the mini we have to watch.

Our car came out ok from Eastern Creek, with exception to the tires, new tires are now down to 3/4 worn!!!!! I think I pushed a little too hard to get sub 2. Also we have a warped front disc which makes braking a little intresting, but it will have to do for this week.
I obviously wasnt pushing hard enough, nothing broke on my car and I didnt visit the grassy knoll once. I was very tentative on Sunday, and only towards the end I realised I caould/should have pushed a lot harder.

I lacked grip so badly... :(

With the disc, are you using EBC greenstuff? If so it may be the resin. a bit of emery paper and a lot of elbow grease might solve it. Or try to burn it off with the same technique you use to bed the pads in quickly.

I stripped the 113 tooth cam belt because it was bit too long. I've managed to track down a 112 tooth belt, which seems OK. Everything else is ready to go. I'm in the blue group this time.

The guys will be there from 7am.

Racing starts about 9am.

The color groups are based on lap times. Green fastest, Blue Advanced. Yellow intermidiate, red beginers.

As for F1, well yeh, its more than what you are doing

PeterT said:
It's on again this Sunday 23 May, when the Pugs take on the Japanese at Oran Park. With horsepower being less of an advantage, Tekkie might just be able to unsettle Parry, Ashely and me. Even money.

South Circuit? I'll try and come out for a couple of hours, need to catch up with some of you guys.