Found some old pics of my previous Fuegos

FuegoFan

Tadpole
While my ‘new’ Fuego is off getting assessed for RWC, I thought I’d see if I could dig up some old photographs of some I used to own in the mid 1990s.

The white 1983 GTX with black 14 inch steel rims was my first car purchased in 1995 from Grosvenor Motors in Blackburn. For weeks, I used to stop by on my way home from uni and checkout the car sitting in their showroom. I’m sure the salesman was getting jack of this skinny little kid coming in all the time. He probably never thought I‘d actually buy the car, but I did when I saw it advertised in The Age newspaper one Saturday morning with a price reduced by $1000. How could I resist.

The Fuegos just multiplied from there. The Turbo was in absolutely mint condition. The red 1984 (non-power steer) update model (bottom left) was purchased for $400 from a dealer who traded it on a Peugeot, and it turned out to be throughly reliable. That’s my dad’s old 2CV Beachcomber parked next to it. Good fun.

3F0DF3F0-43DB-4E73-8A90-C454570D59DD.jpeg

I wish to confess a similar obsession with these things.

At uni in Newcatsle, I was running around in a 505 and this white Feugo GTX with orange lower fog lamps used to park often on Hunter Street, usually in front of the cool pubs and I often thought to myself about what kind of cool person must have owned it :p

Then one day it was parked on campus in one of the student car parks and "gasps!" this civilized chap must be cool and educated!

I wonder what happened to that white thing..

VIV LA RENO!