FOUND ONE....Thanks all.....1970 Renault 16 TS fuel pump wanted

dogboy

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
anyone have a fuel pump to suit a R16TS? mines leaking....they are not the same as other R16's so need to be from a TS with crossflow head
ph or text me on 0431603536...thanks

Now the question is where are they hiding.

Give Dave at French connection a call. He has some new ones.
hey mate....got the pump but it is a bit different to my one...Dave says a few people bought them and they worked...i fitted mine today...a tad awkward due to changed inlet and outlet locations but after some blood and swearing its on
I notice the inlet to pump has a larger diameter than my old pump and the outlet to the carby is also a larger diameter...the other outlet with one way valve i assume returns to the tank...this is a smaller diameter...same as my old one
I hooked it up correctly but bugger me no fuel is being pumped... i tried priming fuel filter and fuel line to pump from carby....nothing
am i missing something here????

That’s weird.
Different brands have different inlet and outlets I think. I have a few different style ones. When you put it in, was there an insulator plate between the head and the pump? Was the plunger around the same length as the old one? They normally just work.

Any fuel left in the lines? when changing pump on my 12 the lines emptied, I had to run the carb via a small coke bottle dripping to keep it idling enough to suck air from the line and she was cool. Maybe 5mins of faffing before it idled off the new pump.

Diameter of the lines shouldn't annoy anything to much providing all your fittings work.

If you need to (I do this on cars I haven’t started for a while) you could prime it with your old pump. Run the line that goes to the carby into the inlet of your old pump and pump it through. That will save you cranking it to get fuel through.

That’s weird.
Different brands have different inlet and outlets I think. I have a few different style ones. When you put it in, was there an insulator plate between the head and the pump? Was the plunger around the same length as the old one? They normally just work.
I ended up putting the old pump back on...after tightening all the screws that hold it together in the middle..ie..where it was leaking from...tried it and now it doesnt work...gave up...left it overnight....tried again in the afternoon and it works..and starts...and now ive fixed my fuel leak!!!!!!
so i now have a new pump i dont need...mind you it was painful to fit with the inlet and outlets if awkward positions...much rather have an original thanks as getting the existing fuel line over the larger diameter was trying....ps...I had put the insulating block and yes...the plunger that works on the cam? was same length...I had also primed the fuel filter and the line to the carby as ive done this job on toher cars before...still puzzles me but hey...she now runs and i have a spare!!! happy days

Any fuel left in the lines? when changing pump on my 12 the lines emptied, I had to run the carb via a small coke bottle dripping to keep it idling enough to suck air from the line and she was cool. Maybe 5mins of faffing before it idled off the new pump.

Diameter of the lines shouldn't annoy anything to much providing all your fittings work.
strange days....i left it overnight and the new moon gods smiled on me...she started the next day!!!! on the old pump...now not leaking (after i tightened screws!!)

Confirmed, your 16 is a Libra! :D

"Libra is obsessed with symmetry and strives to create equilibrium in all areas of life"

I mean maybe?