First review of 505 from 1979 online

nJm

Guru
1000+ Posts
In case people don't look at general chit-chat I've scanned in an article from british mag AUTO CAR from May 1979 called "Replace the 504?". Is a fairly indepth look at the all new 505, and has some brief comparisons to the Citroen CX. Has cool cut-away digram as well :)

<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/articles/new_505/" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/articles/new_505/</a>

i feel like im driving a real piece of history now..

it strange to think that ppl some 20rs ago were experiencing the similar things i em now behind the wheel of my 505.. lol

Fascinating that the car had a number plate starting with 405....

I loved my 505, wish I still had it!

MVK 730, where are you now?

Regards
Andrew

Now thats good journalism, not afraid to say what the faults are, and keeping it all factual and to the point. Motor and Wheels journos would do well to take a read of this sort of thing, and then maybe we wouldnt see a Commodore on 8 out of 10 cover stories....

HERE HERE !!!

one can only stomach so much crap dished up about the differnet wattage lamp shade they now use in there new revised crumbledoor..

Speaking of Crumbledoor's.. Who's going to bathurst..??

bowie:
HERE HERE !!!

one can only stomach so much crap dished up about the differnet wattage lamp shade they now use in there new revised crumbledoor..

Speaking of Crumbledoor's.. Who's going to bathurst..??
It's the bogan capital of Australia at the moment. There's more mullett haired, flanny shirt wearing, drunken, POS driving d1kheads around than you can poke a stick at. whistle
Time to go take a valium and have a lay down. moon

cheers!
Andrew

Heh heh... I ran into one of these people in Coolgardie (waiting for the RACV to organise my ride home...) having flooding problems with his brand new Holley on his brand new worked 202 in his cliche' bogan WB ute. He even had a flanny and stretch jeans on - classic :D . I told him he should get himself a good french car (I'm such a shit stirrer...), to which came the predicted response "what, like citron, they're made for sheilas and poofters.." Ah yes, the cream of the WA population....

He was a bit nicer to me after I reset the float level on his carby, got his car going for him and told him what he needs to do to jet the carby for the rather lumpy cam he had though :D wink ( I had time to kill..)

<small>[ 11 October 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Haakon ]</small>