FCD - Why the delay - question

... I seem to recall checking out the Docklands area for a previous FCD a few years ago, can't remember what the problem was but it was no go at the time. What were the foodie celebrations you've attended?...
Well, errr... one "foodie celebration" i attended was "Around The World In 80 Dishes" (something lame sounding like that).

As the Docklands Precinct is gaining popularity, surely you would have record attendance and turn quite a few Joe Publics into froggy lovers.

Having said that, i do not have the faintest idea of the cost involved. You would most certainly have to provide snack, beverage, and dunny facilities - looks to be a logistical nightmare! eek! . Regardless of which venue you and your committee decide, i am certain it would be a success... as it seems to only get bigger and better each year. Good luck wink

cheers! ,

pugjet

We are pleased to announce that the All French Car Day for 2003 has been booked for 23rd February at Essendon Airport.
The committee looked at several defferent locactions across Melbourne and Essendon Airport terminal car park has the most to offer, like bitumin car park so no problem with wet weather and hot food and drinks and clean toilets in the terminal.
Look forward to seeing everyone there.

David.

Covert, can we ask a favor? Can you design some flyers for us, the ones you've done on previous years have been superb.
Any chance of the 15/17 register making a return?

David.

I will ring you, I just got a call from RM who said I should contact you, I have not been here for the last few weeks, so I will ring........

Yeh I will try to get people into it, alot of people's cars here are currently off the road, maybe this will give them a kick to get them on the road......

Volker wink

Just a question for people, a general one, RenoDay and FCD's of the past, but my days wont be as long as some member's here who have attended ones from a distant past

I remember the following days

The FCD or was it RenoDay at the blind institute in Burwood
The Reno Day at jells park, a long time ago
The Reno day at VFL Park, that was a good one.
The FCD in in the Dandenongs
the FCD in Brighton
FCD on a Burwood football oval
and the RenoDay at the Burvale

There's been a few over the years, one that stood out to me were the RenoDays and the Blind place in burwood and the FCD in Brighton............ what do you guys think and remember?

Yeah there's been a few, from memory we lost the blind instutute because they built on it.
We enquired about Jells Park for this event but the problem was that we can't book or reserve it, it means we get there at the crack of dawn to claim our spot.
VFL park was a good one but wer'nt we booted out because someone in a 5 turbo was doing laps around the park and the security gaurd in his V8 fairlane couldn't catch him.
The Dandenongs was a nice spot but I can't remember where it was.
Brighton was on the oval behind CCCV meeting rooms, when they lost there meeting rooms we lost the oval.
Burwood, isn't that the Eric Raven Reserve that was washed out? CCCV tried to book it this year but had problems with insurance and the criket club who use it couldn't conferm date.
Burvale is a good spot, central to everyone but the pub is to small for all of us, the Renault Round up is about as big as you could get there.
Venues come and go but no matter where it's held, it's always a good event.
Volker, give me a ring when you get a chance please, or email me frenchco@alphalink.com.au

David.