Facel Vega on TV

Rich@rdS

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Don't know if anyone's been watching but there's a Facel Vega starring in a recent TV series streaming on SBS On Demand.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/agatha-christies-criminal-games

Called "Agatha Christie's Criminal Games" (or "Les Petits Meurtres d'Agatha Christie" originally), it's a very stylish French murder mystery series set in the 1950s.

If you can put up with the unbelievable arrogance of the Police inspector throughout the series (which is at its worst in the first episode), the Facel Vega makes regular appearances as his personal transport. I didn't know what the car was at first and had to look it up! There are also a range of other cars from the same period that make an appearance.

7f6f1c29fa7ffa5ac7aab00d4365f020.jpg

Lovely car - will have to watch the series.

I think its a Facel Vega Facellia F2 coupe - it was meant to be the car that ruined FV because of engine warranty costs, I suspect there is more to the story.

Not as expensive in its time as a Facel II, but still an expensive car for an inspector..

Couldn't find an accurate estimate of its cost at the time vs a DS or Mercedes of the same vintage - always an interesting exercise !

Any way - thanks for the post.

regards

Ramon