Facebook serves me a notice

dvr

Fellow Frogger
How does that work? I regularly see a seller, often with a different name advertising carlifts for $25-$50 dollars. They use videos from the real seller. A few times (3) I made a simple comment such as "$50. Really?" followed by a link to the genuine seller which shows the price of USD $1500. Each time my comment was quickly removed and they're back up spruiking under a different name. Few days pass and this morning I have a notice that my comment goes against facebook community standards on spam. Obviously spammers but is this how they get into my system or does f/b actually have some system to automatically issue a notice like this to me?

Yes, FB has software making these decisions, and these 'goes against community standards' warnings are, I gather, as widespread as they are incomprehensible. And FB does not enter into conversation on the subject!

The coders and programmers at FB are like schoolkids on work experience. I saw a story about a woman running, or trying to run, a guinea pig owners group.

They were banned because the word ´´pig´´ is online bullying and trolling.

You have to remember that this comes from a country that will pixellate a cartoon character flipping the bird, but thinks that it is ok to own a gun. Or it is ok to sue someone who serves hot coffee because it is, well, hot.

All very true. Remember, however, that FB et al are under intense pressure from half the political world to remove offending content - demands from the EU of that sort are incredibly onerous - and from the other half of the political world to not 'censor free speech'. Plainly they are erring on the side of caution and blocking all sorts of innocuous posts so as to not run foul of axe-swinging regulators. Only this week, France has fined Google a vast sum - EUR300m or something the like? - for 'not negotiating in good faith' with media companies.