F4R Cam Timing Kit - Free

CC1701

Fellow Frogger
Cam timing kit to suit F4R petrol engines; cam locking bar, crank locking bolt.
Its not an off the shelf kit but made to suit. Works perfectly.
Also there are 2 cam shaft seals and another seal that probably is for the crank.
Free to anyone who wants it for the cost of postage; $9.30

Attachments

• F4R Kit.jpg
    F4R Kit.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 91
Just an idea. This would be a great thing to have on a rotating loan basis. When someone needs it they could just pay for the postage from the current 'owner', use it, and hold it until the next person needs it.

It would just take a 'sticky' thread to record the current holder of the kit.

Cheers

Justin

Thanks all for the replies. A tool library is a great idea.
Does anyone want to put their hand up for that?

Otherwise it can go to leigh8695

Thanks all for the replies. A tool library is a great idea.
Does anyone want to put their hand up for that?

Otherwise it can go to leigh8695
If it makes sense after leigh8695 has serviced the renault with it I could borrow it next and 3D model the tool.

I've been busy in my spare time 3D modelling renaults already.

Attachments

• image (2).png
    image (2).png
    346.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IM28B8~1.jpg
    IM28B8~1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMED96~1.jpg
    IMED96~1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IM54C4~1.jpg
    IM54C4~1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IM4678~1.jpg
    IM4678~1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IM2D01~1.jpg
    IM2D01~1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IM0C56~1.jpg
    IM0C56~1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAGE(~3.jpg
    IMAGE(~3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAGE(~1.jpg
    IMAGE(~1.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 81
  • IMB6E2~1.jpg
    IMB6E2~1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 82
I will look after it and be it's keeper if that suits, Just be aware that i did this before and it before through another group and it never came back from one person so that was the end of that. So, it is a good idea but has some long term limitations.

I think a couple of 3d copies would be great idea and more than happy to forward it on for copies to be made. then if one gets lost, misplaced, user moves on, forget etc there are a couple of back ups available. For the system too work long term a deposit is needed otherwise the incentive to keep, not return etc is to great for some.

If it makes sense after leigh8695 has serviced the renault with it I could borrow it next and 3D model the tool.

I've been busy in my spare time 3D modelling renaults already.
Ive got the Ebay cam tool you can borrow next year when I move down there ;)

Used it just yesterday on the Scenic!

Just be aware that i did this before and it before through another group and it never came back from one person so that was the end of that. So, it is a good idea but has some long term limitations.

Yup I hear you, that's the problem..
Definitely set some rules.

I will have to check what the kit I have here is for, I think it does the Laguna, but I'll have to double check what others. It has a few parts.

Kit is for the timing belt on a scenic (amongst others)

Ive got the Ebay cam tool you can borrow next year when I move down there ;)

Used it just yesterday on the Scenic!

Sounds good! I am only just starting to collect part numbers, I can't be modelling every part myself, so a short term goal will be writing some web app to be able to collaborate on these models.

I'm keen to get a scan / measurements from some of Sarosa's R16 tools too.

If there is interest I might do some 3D print runs, tho there is a little work involved making 3D printed parts work properly.
Unless I invest in a large resin printer, I'd be paying someone else to print them.

I have a friend down here ( the Huon Valley TAS ) that has a metal shop who might be able to make some up from plans.
I am not quite up with forging my own steel yet, but in theory it isn't difficult ( if you have a forge )

1632202201272.png

Not a 25 (we were talking 25s in another thread) but closest I have. It has a few other parts to reflect later models like the extra colour coded grille fins, fog lamps and the lumpy bonnet. I forgot to do headlight wipers, I will have to find some photos.

I should know better and start a new thread.

Last edited: