F1 Musical chair! The Silly Season

306XT

Fellow Frogger
I was just looking at the other thread and that got me thinking. If u were Button would you go to Williams? I would of though the drive at BAR are pretty good. Unless Williams-Honda...... The move of one driver can potentially change everything

This might just happen next year. (that's if we still have F1 as we know it, the way its going!)

Honda- Jenson & Ruben or Sato (can connection safe his ass)
Renault- Alonso & Bourdais or Heikki Kovalainen (winners!!!!)
Ferrari- Schumacher & Massa or Liuzzi (future champ?)
Sauber BMW- Heidfeld & Wurz
(BMW: "Bye Bye Jacques...U got a safe contract my ass")
Wiliams Cosworth- Webber & Piquet or Rosberg (rebaged as a Hyundai :roflmao: )
Red Bull- David & Liuzzi (not bad)
Toyota- Trulli & Schumacher (boring)
McLaren- Kimi & JPM (it's working...)
Minardi- new drivers (& new owner, Paul quit the sport)
Midland- Please paid here! :joker:

What do you guys think?

306XT said:
I was just looking at the other thread and that got me thinking. If u were Button would you go to Williams? I would of though the drive at BAR are pretty good. Unless Williams-Honda...... The move of one driver can potentially change everything

This might just happen next year. (that's if we still have F1 as we know it, the way its going!)

Honda- Jenson & Ruben or Sato (can connection safe his ass)
Renault- Alonso & Bourdais or Heikki Kovalainen (winners!!!!)
Ferrari- Schumacher & Massa or Liuzzi (future champ?)
Sauber BMW- Heidfeld & Wurz
(BMW: "Bye Bye Jacques...U got a safe contract my ass")
Wiliams Cosworth- Webber & Piquet or Rosberg (rebaged as a Hyundai :roflmao: )
Red Bull- David & Liuzzi (not bad)
Toyota- Trulli & Schumacher (boring)
McLaren- Kimi & JPM (it's working...)
Minardi- new drivers (& new owner, Paul quit the sport)
Midland- Please paid here! :joker:

What do you guys think?

Heres my guess...

Renault - Alonso and either Fisi (depending on the next 6 months) or Button...
McLaren - Kimi and Montoya (depending on his contract and his form in the run home)
Honda - Sato and ????
Ferrari - Schumacher and Barrichello
SauberBMW - Massa and Hiedfeld
Williams - Webber and Piquet or Button...
Toyota - Trulli and Scumacher
Red Bull - David and whoever jumps in the musical chair...
Minardi - who cares....

Oohh i had to bite...

Ask me in 1 weeks time and it might be different again, but as of now:....

Ferrari ; Micheal S. & Rubens B. > But on control slick tyre.
Mclaren ; Kimmi R. & J. Trulli > But with works Ilmors & control slick.
Williams ; M. Webber & J. Button > With Renault or Audi engines & control slick.
Toyota ; JP M. & Ralf S. > again control slick.
Renault ; F. Alonso & Sebastian B. > on control slick.
BMW-Sauber ; P. Massa & N. Hiedfield > with BMW engines & control slick.
BAR ; T. Sato & J. Fisi > They will keep Honda engines but will change to AP brakes, and also on control slick.
Red Bull ; D.C. & Luizzi > Plus will envolve cosworth more & control slick.
Jordan ; N. Krtakyan & probably this years F3 champ > Will probably get BMW engines with mafia money & again control slick.
Minardi ; Who knows, but fist half of year will be V. Rossi & S. Loeb and second half will be a conglomerate with ex-TWR Arrows, ex-Prost & Ilmor engines with again new drivers P. Tracy & K. Klien ....

ALL TEAMS::
* Further reduction in aero by again 25%. A consideralble reduction in wing area, but allowed the return of old school gound effets.
* New control slick, selected by tender and full slick to increase mechanical grip. Also control wet/medium tyre.
* All mirrors must control size and concaved.
* Two sets of tyres for the race allowing for x1 tyre change only for whole weekend. Plus rain set.
* 20 races for the year.
* Melbourne looses the GP and Sydney runs a street circuit, incorperating the opera house, calhill express way and hickson rd bridge underpass.

hows that for a stab in the dark. - Chris

Last edited:
CHRI'S16 said:
Oohh i had to bite...

Red Bull ; D.C. & Luizzi > Plus will envolve cosworth more & control slick.

The only flaw here is that RB have announced they will be using Ferrari engines next year and they will be called Red Bull Racing Ferrari - not Petronas or something like that.

gti138 said:
The only flaw here is that RB have announced they will be using Ferrari engines next year and they will be called Red Bull Racing Ferrari - not Petronas or something like that.
doh! - Chris

ps. I should have ended the thread with :joker: ...

CHRI'S16 said:
doh! - Chris

ps. I should have ended the thread with :joker: ...

Mwahahaha! I dont even want to speculate about next season but if you force me to...

Ferrari: M. Schu & JPM
Mclaren: Raikkonen & Wurz (longshot)
Williams: Webber & Button (and either toyota, renault or cosworth engines)
Sauber-BMW: Heidfeld & Massa
Toyota: Truli & Ralf
Red Bull: DC & Luizzi
BAR: Taku & Fisi
Renault: Alonso (wearing the No1 plate) & Sebastian B
Jordan/Midland: Who Cares
Mindardi: likewise

I'm hoping for a reduction in all those stupid little winglets on the cars and just give them the front & rear wings. Mabye allow them to run bigger difusers under the car or even groud effect sidepods. Return to Slicks and more than likely one tyre manufacturer - Bring back Goodyear...

I dunno though - maybe nothing will change!

One chair is going to Heikki Kovalainen. Flavio Briatore confirmed that his protegé will drive F1 next season.

Will it be Renault or is Flavio going to let him drive Red Bull?

FlavioSH_middle_fo.jpg

Heikki Kovalainen is currently leading GP2 series with a huge cap.

gti138 said:
Mwahahaha! I dont even want to speculate about next season but if you force me to...

Ferrari: M. Schu & JPM
I dunno though - maybe nothing will change!
ooohhhh (lke H. Simpson), that will be interesting.... please let it happen. - Chris

I think that Montoya loathes Schuey so much that he wouldn't be his team-mate even if you paid him! :joker:

Pug-a-lug said:
I think that Montoya loathes Schuey so much that he wouldn't be his team-mate even if you paid him! :joker:

That's what would make the combination that much more intersting! Remember Prost & Senna or Mansell & Piquet. They rarely spoke to each other!

The only way I can see Ferrari doing it is they need to think about life after Schu.

gti138 said:
That's what would make the combination that much more intersting! Remember Prost & Senna or Mansell & Piquet. They rarely spoke to each other!

The only way I can see Ferrari doing it is they need to think about life after Schu.

Button in Ferrari though?

Aside from the driver musical chair, I think the situation with the whole GP series is quite interesting.

Ferrari + redbull & midland have sided with FIA's F1 series, while the rest of the manufacturer wants to run their own breakaway series (thus more control+more money & no more Max). What better time to act then right now! Kick them while they are down (who needs Ferrari- except for the vast fan base!) I really dont believe Ferrari will go for it alone in the FIA offical sanction series if all the other teams go race elsewhere (what so we have Ferrari racing against the jordan for the rest of next season :joker: ) Let see who would be crawling back!

I think we all have really enjoy this season without the ferrari featuring to the extend of the previous, they are just like the Toyotas on the track.... It like going back to 93 and 94 season when coming 3rd is consider good :D

It will interesting to see how A1 is going to affect other things too. I kind of feel the market is a little crowded at the moment, but do think A1 will work.
It kinda has to, too many wealthy people have got their money behind it.
F1 will survive this indy problem, but how scared? Only time will tell, just a few weeks on and its funny how much more quiet it has got, well certainly in the aus press anyway. - Chris

CHRI'S16 said:
F1 will survive this indy problem, but how scared? Only time will tell, just a few weeks on and its funny how much more quiet it has got, well certainly in the aus press anyway. - Chris

You're right, but I reckon it's prob also got something to do with Webber suddenly being a lot less competitive.

Last edited: