F1 - Ferrari gift to Kimi Raikkonen

FIVEDOOR

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Ferrari have gifted Kimi the Ferrari F1 he won his last GP in at US in 2018.

That would be a neat addition to any garage.

Last edited:
The servicing costs would be horrendous.......

That would pale into insignificance for the rebuilt cost every 1500km or there abouts:confused: or so (less if he turns the boost up):D

Kimi was a company man, I doubt that the crew or service for the occasional outing would be charged at commercial rates:D

A glassed in nook in the living room to display it like a piece art would be the go. One could almost be guaranteed that no one else they know would have one :roflmao:

On the subject of maintenance, I would have thought that if the rev limiter is turned down a couple of thousand rpm, the motor will outlast any realistic amount of demonstration drives etc it might ever have. Thoughts?

My understanding is that they can turn power down to save the motor, I can't say with any authority whether lower revs are part of that, but sounds reasonable deduction to me. They dont run the engines on full power all the time. From time to time you hear the driver asking for permission to use more power< or the team giving them clearance to use more power, either to get past someone or at crucial last laps. Would be interesting to find out how far they would last at full blast.:evil:

ps - with current engine regulation, the engines have to last 20 hours to make it through the season without penalties. I remember a time when they used to just make the 2 hour race.