F1 - 2023 - Las Vegas

Armidillo

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
and then they penalize Ferrari for the repair work that needed to be done to get the car back on the track? 10 positions back on the starting grid for those repairs? what a crock.

the more I see of F1 the more I think I should not waste my valuable time watching it - Alan Jones said it all when he was asked what he thought of current F1 drivers. he replied "well, I think they are all a bit precious, actually"

got that spot on, Jonesy...

and then they penalize Ferrari for the repair work that needed to be done to get the car back on the track? 10 positions back on the starting grid for those repairs? what a crock.

the more I see of F1 the more I think I should not waste my valuable time watching it - Alan Jones said it all when he was asked what he thought of current F1 drivers. he replied "well, I think they are all a bit precious, actually"

got that spot on, Jonesy...
Ah well, rules is rules - Ferrari did have to make use of additional spare parts after all... 😁

yes they did have to make use of additional spare parts, but not because of any deficiencies with their cars - the use of those parts were only necessary because the track was inferior and not suited to the level of competence required for the fastest cars on the planet. how that incident equates to a penalty of 10 grid places is beyond me. I agree in principle, rules is rules - unless the rules cause significant issues for a team to cope with for no fault of their own, in which case them rules should be considered unacceptable under the circumstances and interpreted accordingly.

I have read reports that the cost of the replacement parts is over one million which is made worse by the cost cap imposed on the teams by F1.

When you have 700 staff, developing and making those parts, the cost creeps up real quick.