F1 2020 - Vettel leaving Ferrari at end of 2020

The musical chairs tune is already playing. Sainz to Ferrari and Ricciardo to Mclaren apparently. Which leaves Renault with a spare seat because it is assumed Vettel is just going home to retire. I doubt that and he'll probably pop up in Sports Cars somewhere. Le Mans anyone.?

One story claims Vettel was offered a contract by Ferrari and he didnt accept the terms. Apparently nothing to do with money:rolleyes:, but the claimed offer was pay at same level as Leclerc. If that is true, Ferrari would have known that Vettel would walk away from that. I cant see anyone paying him anywhere near what Ferrari were, particularly in the current climate and there is a shortage of available top seats in F1

Apparently Ricciardo has agreed to pay cut with Renault given the current circumstances. I have seen 30% mentioned in this context.

When are our politicians going to set an example and vote themselves a paycut, don't hold your breath because the era of statesmen is dead and buried

Yep. Interesting to note that McLaren are going back to Mercedes engines in 2021 as well so Daniel Ricciardo is getting off Renault altogether. McLaren chassis and Mercedes engine could be a very good package if they get the latest Mercedes tech and parts.

Yep. Interesting to note that McLaren are going back to Mercedes engines in 2021 as well so Daniel Ricciardo is getting off Renault altogether. McLaren chassis and Mercedes engine could be a very good package if they get the latest Mercedes tech and parts.

Yep, last year McLaren beat Renault 145 points to 91 in the Manufacturers point table with Renault engines. All things being equal, Merc engines should make them that much stronger. I see it as a sensible move for Ricciardo, although there are no guarantees in F1. Rumours have it that Daniel will be on $31 million

Mark Webber is suggesting that Ricciardo may have been luke warm to a drive with Ferrari.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/f1-2020-daniel-ricciardo-mclaren-contract-mark-webber-ferrari-theory/news-story/8b884f4eff887b69e2e434dfc0186e2d

Then there's the money. Keep in mind reports that Daniel had already agreed to 30% reduction in pay with Renault, given the current circumstances.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rdo-set-receive-pay-day-switches-McLaren.html

Alonso reportedly sniffing at Renault with Liberty Media paying a chunk of his salary to do so.

Renault have apparently posted couple of old Alonso photos. Some have suggested they are courting Alonso. All of a sudden, F1 got interesting and it’s all off track

So, Liberty Media might be footing part of the bill to get Alonso back in a seat? ie a bit of cash to promote their overall business?

I guess that is how to run a business the American way; turn F1 into a sort of reality tv program which is 50% real, and 50% fake.