F1 - 2020 - Finally some excitement, who started started from P16 and made it all the way to P6 in just over one lap on Sunday

He started on sifts, they didn’t last long, I think it was about L 12 that he pitted for new rubber, but at least he had fun while it lasted.

there was also light rain across couple of the corners

It was interesting that they used a less than perfect track facility, due to Covid restrictions, but the commentators were saying how they all seemed to be coping with the lack of facilities, despite the lack of the usual luxuries (a little tongue-in-cheek poke at the usual F1 over-hype). I guess they didn't need a track to accommodate 100,000 spectators, just somewhere safe enough to hold the event (and cheaper!). The big gravel run-offs and the blind crests made it quite unusual, more like a back country local track, but the drivers seemed to enjoy it. The newly laid, bit slippery, track made for a bit of interest in that tyre choice made a big difference, also they were saying the DRS zone was too long, making passing a breeze, but that was quite exciting to watch, they really got wound up.

Not a bad event, I thought.

I don't mind the gravel, there's a cost to over enthusiasm. There's a fair bit of elevation change on that track compared to a dead flat F1 track.

It's interesting that what safe for F1 (in terms of run off areas) is dangerous for Moto GP. remember the flying MC that nearly cleaned out Rossi few weeks back, gravel would have been more effective in retarding the inertia.