Exhaust warranty

RCS 20L

Fellow Frogger
Started my car a couple days ago in the mornin and noticed a different tone to my exhaust..... Said to myself, 'ohh shit, had to go back to service again'. Got to work and went under the car and saw a crack bout 5cm's long right behind the muffler...
Went this mornin to service , the first thing they asked me was did u modify ur exhaust.... :D 'NO', they put it up on the hoist and did a routine check.... they told me they saw the crack and they also told me the Cat is also vibrating inside and they are gonna change that to..... and another thing.. coz ther was three parts to be ordered....
rebooked for the 17th to get it changed... all is well... but the hassle man...!!

Seems to be the norm unfortunately - must have been a bad batch of exhausts?

MY 4 had his replaced under warranty too - someone else did as well :confused:

Derek :cool:

Guys.... its just getting ridiculas.... whole muffler fell off on monday on the Hume Highway..... luckily just happen to be a petrol station so i pulled in....
It fully broke off right behind the muffler.... i couldnt pull the damn thing off at first cause their was a size 10 bolt holding it in.... had to go buy a spanner to undo the bolt.... then i yanked the thing out.... ''''imbarrasment'''' :blush: ....
Aslo Monday was a fricken hot day too :mad:
Renault said they r still waiting on the part.......... hopless....
Friends ask me, did u get a new exhaust... i said yeah... :( to embarrased to say my muffler fell off.... it so loud and sounds deep and low.... they looked pretty jelous though....
Bad design Renault.... one bracket holding on the Muffler.... it created a strss point and started cracking..... i say it again... RIDICULOUS :evil:

you are lucky to get it done

i had the baffles fall apart in my resonator on the 306 under warranty and everytime i asked them to do something about it as i could hear a rattle they said they couldn't fix it

2 weeks out of warranty they told me the baffles had become loose in the thing and it had to be replaced

i told them that the noise had been there for a long time and it hadn't changed and they said we can do a good price on one

i told them no as it went under warranty and i wasn't going to pay for it

the resonator is still there and yes it still rattles at times but i'll get it replaced by a generic one when i feel like it

and no, no letters and phone calls to head office made any difference

how often do you think i go to dealers these days :mad:

Today is the day.... gonna take my car to Parramatta European to get the zorst replACed.... As u know the muffler already fell off... scraping on the hume highway.... been driving with no muff for bout over a week now.... damn thing is so loud.... gives me a headache... and the vibration over 3k... damn, everything shakes inside the car.... my poor interior is probably all loose... they bettr test drive and see afterwards if nothing else vibrates....

WISH ME LUCK!!! :rolleyes:

RCS 20L said:
Today is the day.... gonna take my car to Parramatta European to get the zorst replACed.... As u know the muffler already fell off... scraping on the hume highway.... been driving with no muff for bout over a week now.... damn thing is so loud.... gives me a headache... and the vibration over 3k... damn, everything shakes inside the car.... my poor interior is probably all loose... they bettr test drive and see afterwards if nothing else vibrates....

WISH ME LUCK!!! :rolleyes:

NOOO!

I have been hearing strange noises coming form my exhaust lately. I have tried to narow it down but have been unable to. I think it sounds like something is loose in the cat. My Clio is booked in for a service on the 30th of this month.

I was considering getting a new exhaust fitted... I don't know what I'll do if Renault want to put a new one in. Time will tell.

sajn said:
NOOO!

I have been hearing strange noises coming form my exhaust lately. I have tried to narow it down but have been unable to. I think it sounds like something is loose in the cat. My Clio is booked in for a service on the 30th of this month.

I was considering getting a new exhaust fitted... I don't know what I'll do if Renault want to put a new one in. Time will tell.

As far as i know its a common problem.... so tell Reno and ask them to replace it... dont say fix it... tell them to REPLACe it...!!!!!!

Looked under my car yesturday when i got home.... looks all good.... spanking new...... new cat all the way back, resonator and muff.... It has that new exhaust smell....... cool!!!!