Exhaust Gas Recirculation blanking and ECU remap

Mickles

Fellow Frogger
I have a 308 2.0 HDi with egr causing problems. Rather than replacing I'm thinking of having it blanked off and the ECU remapped accordingly. Has anyone tried this?

Mickles

What’s wrong with the Car to make you think it’s the EGR or do you have fault codes for this as they give very little trouble on 2.0’s. which 2.0 do you have is it the RHR or RHH engine? A friend of mine has a 406 HDI and he deleted EGR and had a remap which has improved performance but there is a lot of black smoke on hard acceleration even though the car does a lot of freeway driving. Personally I wouldn’t recommend it as this may cause problems with the Particle filter if it were me I would fix the concern and get a remap to improve performance that keeps the EGR function.

Thanks for the reply and its all good info. I have had a fault code relating to EGR and Peugeot service have confirmed it. The generic OBD reader however tells me it's a circuit (electrical issue) so plan was to take the windscreen wipers off and the plastic fascia etc so I can see the back of the engine and check to see what I can see. Any idea where the electrical connection is made to the sensor for the EGR? Also, is there an associated fuse?